LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Beginning Driver

Newb question!! Sorry in advance!

Im looking at getting into my first XP4 Turbo (i think!) and I am just curious what everybody is getting out of their engine life, mileage/hour wise. Im coming from the 2 stroke world, so just trying to get an idea of what to look for in a used ride!!

I fully understand the vast possibilities of variables involved, so this is a very general, ball park type of figure I am looking for!

Any positive, productive feedback and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Are you going to be using this car mostly for the sand or the dirt?
    If you're just going to be a Trail guy forget the turbo too many inconsistencies in those cars they're kind of all over the board I know a lot of people that have them and some have absolutely no issues and others have nothing but issues, I work on these cars daily and have seen it all

RSR Performance

Beginning Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    Are you going to be using this car mostly for the sand or the dirt?
    If you're just going to be a Trail guy forget the turbo too many inconsistencies in those cars they're kind of all over the board I know a lot of people that have them and some have absolutely no issues and others have nothing but issues, I work on these cars daily and have seen it all

RSR Performance
    Mostly the backcountry trails. I live at a decent elevation, and tubo's usually help quite a bit, at least on the sleds we ride. Not much sand around me so prob wont do too much of that, just gonna be playing in the mountains of Tahoe mostly!

If it were me I would do a non turbo and install a clutch kit and call it good

RSR Performance

Beginning Driver
    If it were me I would do a non turbo and install a clutch kit and call it good

RSR Performance
    Im certainly open to the idea!! Having no first hand knowledge of these machines, I just assumed, (from my two stroke sled background) that it would be a big help at altitude! So suggestions such as yours, based on real working knowledge, are tremendously appreciated!!

Sleds are like SxS in the sand,they need all the HP they can get to accelerate up the hills.

But being on the trails realistically you can only go so fast and XP 1000 on turbos have plenty of power for any of the trails you're going to be riding on..

Hope the info helps👍

RSR Performance

Beginning Driver
    Sleds are like SxS in the sand,they need all the HP they can get to accelerate up the hills.

But being on the trails realistically you can only go so fast and XP 1000 on turbos have plenty of power for any of the trails you're going to be riding on..

Hope the info helps��

RSR Performance
    Great point!! Thanks for the tips!!

Beginning Driver

Hope the info helps��

RSR Performance
    Any advice on the 800 or 900's? Are they worth the lower price point for where I will be riding a majority of the time? At least for starters?

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_jibbs View Post
    Any advice on the 800 or 900's? Are they worth the lower price point for where I will be riding a majority of the time? At least for starters?
    Can't beat a General on trails!

Experienced Driver
    20161229_154624.jpg this is I did to a 900 Trail with the ext money i saved and did this to it and I have no problem doing the Rubicon and never got stuck yet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast