LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drtfun View Post
    this is a tough one we seem to always have this problem, I learned one thing from Leo last year that is it's a 100+ mile ride if you are not sure if you can make the whole trip on fuel bring some and put it in at lunch that way you will not have an issue
    This is a very good point Terry !! I know of at least one person that all ways does that even if they don't need it !!

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Fuel is not the issue..The issue is make sure that the person behind you is there or at least have communications with those people..being in the front 10 is alot different then being in the back half....I will leave it at that..Cause I'm normally in the back
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

This years Silver Strike Ride worked way-good

I feel the reason for that was due to the Drivers meeting we all had before Ride started

The group was always together, there was a break down, but Gridman towed-em to Safty

May-be Drivers Meeting should also be a Rule to follow

That way a new-be could learn Rule #1
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

We have had this happen too many times. As Leo said make sure to keep an eye on the person behind you. Ride with your headlights on. With that being said you need to try and keep up with the group. At turns, where someone has waited for you, you wait until the person behind you pulls up and stops...just because you see them coming they may have not seen you. The radios help a lot and we will be upgrading to the 50 watt radio. We want all rides to be fun and don't want people to get lost. It's so much fun to go out riding with a large group of people and had another fun trip with all of you that came!

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    This is a very good point Terry !! I know of at least one person that all ways does that even if they don't need it !!
    OK. Guilty!

Experienced Driver
    OK just Order my 50 watt radio Im not going to lose anybody

On our first ride at Chappie, almost every rule that you posted was not followed. Sadly enough, I will have a hard time convincing my wife to ever go on one of these rides again. Every ride should begin with a group meeting to address these rules, and clearly explain the ride to all the newbies that are attending. Obviously to little to late for me.... At least the wife and I had 50 watt radios, this helped. And yes, I could hear a lot of the conversation with the other 50 watts while you guys were out at trinity.
    Last edited by Maverick4me; 05-02-2016 at 11:03 PM.
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Proficient Driver
    Well' on a constructive note... I maybe new to you group but not to large group rides. Some of them I have led, helped navigate or picked up the rear. I couldn't agree more that simple courteous rules are a must or your group ride turns into a search party... The radios are very helpful but not a replacement for waiting in the turns and head back to the last time you saw them if they don't show. Someone should always be waiting at a turn... No exceptions! If there isn't some one at a side road the rule is continue straight on the most traveled trail! You should see plenty of tire tracks from the 30 rigs that just traveled through... But let's face it.... If a group member wants to share a ride area that doesn't mean there a GUIDE SERVICE! It's everyone's responsibility to find out the destination a idea of the route taken, keep track of where you are and carry a map of the area. Everyone has a smartphone buy a gps or location app for it. They range from free to around $20. If your Host you followed gets hurt you are no good to him if you do not know where your at! Remember 911 & 611 work with out cell service! Come prepared with your equipment maintained, gassed up and your tires properly aired to avoid pinch flats.. I road with a guy that would always show up with the same tire plugs out the side wall, wire tied and duct taped items, mooching gas and lunch... Was a real drag! So with that said, Everyone has to do there part and a little ride etiquette goes along way to having a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb9 View Post
    Well' on a constructive note... I maybe new to you group but not to large group rides. Some of them I have led, helped navigate or picked up the rear. I couldn't agree more that simple courteous rules are a must or your group ride turns into a search party... The radios are very helpful but not a replacement for waiting in the turns and head back to the last time you saw them if they don't show. Someone should always be waiting at a turn... No exceptions! If there isn't some one at a side road the rule is continue straight on the most traveled trail! You should see plenty of tire tracks from the 30 rigs that just traveled through... But let's face it.... If a group member wants to share a ride area that doesn't mean there a GUIDE SERVICE! It's everyone's responsibility to find out the destination a idea of the route taken, keep track of where you are and carry a map of the area. Everyone has a smartphone buy a gps or location app for it. They range from free to around $20. If your Host you followed gets hurt you are no good to him if you do not know where your at! Remember 911 & 611 work with out cell service! Come prepared with your equipment maintained, gassed up and your tires properly aired to avoid pinch flats.. I road with a guy that would always show up with the same tire plugs out the side wall, wire tied and duct taped items, mooching gas and lunch... Was a real drag! So with that said, Everyone has to do there part and a little ride etiquette goes along way to having a great time!

Very well said !!

. I think one of the big problems I have run into over the years is that there is always someone (or more) that doesn't like the dust and try's to stay back far enough not to get dust on them and the person in front them knows that and after a while get tired of waiting and quits waiting . I'm not saying this is the right thing to do but I was left behind at a ride because the person got tired of waiting for me because I was waiting so long for the person behind me so I have been in those shoes before. What i'm trying to say is not only do you need to come prepared and have your vehicle prepared you need to be prepared to accept some dust if it is a dusty ride !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb9 View Post
    The radios are very helpful but not a replacement for waiting in the turns and head back to the last time you saw them if they don't show. Someone should always be waiting at a turn... No exceptions! If there isn't some one at a side road the rule is continue straight on the most traveled trail! You should see plenty of tire tracks from the 30 rigs that just traveled through... But let's face it.... If a group member wants to share a ride area that doesn't mean there a GUIDE SERVICE!
    I like the point where you said "No exceptions!" But if you are going to invite people to a ride, then you share a certain amount of responsibility to provide some degree of GUIDE SERVICE. Otherwise do not post an open invite to a ride. Just go do it and have fun. Then you will not have to worry about providing a GUIDE SERVICE!
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast