LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hybrid View

Buy a new RZR and you have to spend more money to repair-em, Pay top dollar and they put in bottom dollar shit in-em

That is what is stopping me from getting new-one
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

simple answer its all about cost savings... if you can save .10 over 1 million units thats a savings/profit of $100,000 do that x8 thats close to a million bucks saved. adds up fast do this all over the unit and you now see the big pic... happens in any form of manufacturing little things like that can save a corp billions a year
    Dead man walking

Competent Driver
    Looking forward to hearing how hard you think it was to do .

So far, removal wasn't very hard. I like working on stuff like this.
    Getting the plenum out was frustrating. Will work on it tomorrow and hopefully all back together. (wife had to park her car outside till I get done)

Got all the bearings replaced, buttoned up the case and back in the rzr.
    The bearings are a piece of cake to replace. Had to modify the bearing puller to get between one of the gears and bearing. Space was tight and had to grind the jaws flat to fit.
    Just heated the bearings up in the oven and they slid right on. Only a couple I had to tap a little to seat.
    I did this by myself, and probably the hardest part was getting the tranny out and back in. It wasn't super hard, just awkward and I would recommend a second person if one is available. Intake plenum was a pain, not hard, just frustrating to get out. Easier getting it back on cuz I put it in before bolting the tranny up. Way easier with the tranny loose.
    IMG_0791.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Got all the bearings replaced, buttoned up the case and back in the rzr.
    The bearings are a piece of cake to replace. Had to modify the bearing puller to get between one of the gears and bearing. Space was tight and had to grind the jaws flat to fit.
    Just heated the bearings up in the oven and they slid right on. Only a couple I had to tap a little to seat.
    I did this by myself, and probably the hardest part was getting the tranny out and back in. It wasn't super hard, just awkward and I would recommend a second person if one is available. Intake plenum was a pain, not hard, just frustrating to get out. Easier getting it back on cuz I put it in before bolting the tranny up. Way easier with the tranny loose.
    IMG_0791.jpg

So the next one should be a snap !! LOL

It took me most of the day to get the bearings swapped and put everything back together. But actual time wasn't that bad.
    Right after getting the bearings pulled, my daughter called and her car wouldn't start. So I dropped everything and spent some time out in the heavy rain at her house trying to figure that out. Looks like I have to replace her starter today if I can get one.
    Lost one of the springs for the exhaust, and cant find it? Amazing how things can disappear in the garage!
    Several calls from work that I had to deal with.
    And one other snafu that I won't share here! Maybe around the campfire some day.
    The actual job of changing the bearings wasn't that bad, all the extraneous crap drove me nuts!!

Good job. That's sparks alignment tool is so much nicer then the polaris and cheaper too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes it is. Heavy duty.

BTW...Want to thank Jack for some tips and putting together the list of bearings. His is the most complete list for this I have seen.
    It will be a while before I get a chance to try it out. I pulled my front shocks and boxed them up to send to Zbroz. Need to have them replace the seals, was leaking slightly.
    Also got the starter replaced on the daughters car, worked on it outside and rain came down harder than a cow pissing on a flat rock the whole time! I'm done wrenching for this weekend.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast