LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

RZR transmission bearings

Who all has changed their bearings in the transmission on their RZR's?

I am going to change mine after a few failures others had at Sand Mountain. Just not sure if I am going to pay to have it done or do it myself. I would have Ben do it but he is almost 700 miles away.

Any advice from any of those who changed them out themselves? How difficult is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Who all has changed their bearings in the transmission on their RZR's?

I am going to change mine after a few failures others had at Sand Mountain. Just not sure if I am going to pay to have it done or do it myself. I would have Ben do it but he is almost 700 miles away.

Any advice from any of those who changed them out themselves? How difficult is it?
    I did mine in my XP900 and it was pretty easy . From what i have seen you do Tim you should have no problem .

Ed, can you list the needed bearings it takes to do this job. I have a list but want to make sure it list all the bearings that need to be changed.
    I assume they are "open" not sealed bearings since they are in a oil bath application?
    Any advice before I tear into it? Tips or tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Ed, can you list the needed bearings it takes to do this job. I have a list but want to make sure it list all the bearings that need to be changed.
    I assume they are "open" not sealed bearings since they are in a oil bath application?
    Any advice before I tear into it? Tips or tricks?
    Tim mine was a 900 not sure if there the same bearings or not . They were open bearings . It was for the most part straight forward .

My understanding is the 900 and 1K are the same.

yes and no.. some parts are diff but bearings the same. the highlifter trans is better in some ways and the 925 turbo is better yet but dont know if it fits...steve watson has the part numbers as does milos...i seem to of miss placed in my move but im looking
    Dead man walking

Thanks JC8. Maybe Crazy or Milos will chime in if they read this.

Competent Driver
    I wonder how many cars Ben has at his shop after last weekend, I know at least 3 but I bet a few more LOL

I know of 2 others that were being dropped off Pat. A lot of tranny carnage that week!

I'll have to find the part numbers. You'll need a 3 jaw puller to change the bearing and a press. A clutch alignment tool to line the transmission back up and a special socket to tighten the transmission to engine bolts. I made a socket by cutting apart 2 sockets and welding them together. Polaris sells the socket though. They sell the alignment tool too but there are after market companies with way better tools. Like Sparks Racing and a couple others. The socket and clutch tool is good to have for future maintenance. That is critical to good belt life. Make sure you seal the cases good polaris has had allot of leaking transmissions over the years. Oh and yes they are open bearing made for oil bath.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast