LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chain Tensioner

Amateur Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    From what I understand after you install the new tensioner you don't have to worry about what way you turn the motor !! Is this true or i'm I miss understanding some thing ??
    This is how I understand it to .

Does the stock tensioner operate from oil pressure. It would make sense to me that if you turned it backwards that it would release the tension. I'm curious to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    Does the stock tensioner operate from oil pressure. It would make sense to me that if you turned it backwards that it would release the tension. I'm curious to know.

Yes it operates from oil pressure . In cars the tensioner has a stop so once it goes past keeps it from going back it. The one on the Polaris doesn't .

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    Yes it operates from oil pressure . In cars the tensioner has a stop so once it goes past keeps it from going back it. The one on the Polaris doesn't .
    Makes sense, thanks Ed.

Got it replaced today. Pretty easy.
    Only issue I had was getting the valve cover off, it was tight trying to get it out.
    No rattle anymore!!!!

That is awesome

Tenderfoot Driver
    I am going to grab one of these for my rig shortly. If my back will cooperate I will do the install myself, if not I will add it to the list for Ben when I take the car up in Feb for him to do the bearings in the trans.
    As much as I want to spend my limited $ on go-fast stuff I want to deal with all of the known weak links first. I got my seats and harnesses first, now to the weak links.
    I am hoping to buy a cage kit from TFBB before Easter. Have family who is a certified pro welder and know we can do that in a half dozen nights and a weekend.

Beginning Driver
    I've had the Weller tensioner in my car for quite awhile now and its great. Also since it appears stock there's no issue with warranty(if you have one) and it doesn't leak like some of the manually adjustable tensioners I've seen.

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    I would be careful with one of those so-called manual hydraulic tensioners like the ones boondocker sells.

Over Easter at Sand Mountain a guy came up to me with a boondocker turbo car and the tension they put on it failed and jumped timing.

That's why I like the manual ones, you set it....lock it down and you're done

RSR Performance

Newbie Driver
    So what's the verdict? Manual or auto adjusting???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12