Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
I knew we would be seeing clutch issues, but thought it would take a little longer. A Recluse kit will fix the gearing they told me.........

Anyone else wanna bitch about belt drive and dream of a shifter play car?
the recluse does nothing to the gearing... i have had them in my dirtbike, so i know how it works and the maitinance it requiers . all it does is first you need to remove a couple clutch plates to make room for it to fit...

this removes surface area for the clutch thus not as much grab. the recluse just allows the clutch to slip at idle /low rpm's, so you dont stall. it sort of work's like the old honda atc clutch .

it also has no gear reduction in it so their is no way it fixes too high a gear. the recluse has a bunch of balls in it and plates that need to be adjusted to keep it working good... so to me removing clutch area will make clutch life less than stock. alba and weller racing are working with Barnett racing clutches for a better clutch.

a guess to why they are going out is driver error. i see many yxz owners talking about slipping the clutch or not fumilure to a clutch in off road as many never drove/road a dirt bike or quad . most of the people that have or had a converted sxs to a streetbike eng saw this would be a problem and many said look out for it