LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sand tires ????

Chauffeur Driver

Sand tires ????

I know nothing about Can-Am's as I've been a Polaris guy my whole life. This machine will be used on the dunes its whole life. What's the best Paddle/front tire combo for this machine? I ran Douglas Dunes on my RZR S and really liked them.. But this has way more power!

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    On my turbo I ran the 16 paddle #1 cut STU's and they worked great...A friend has 8paddle scats on his Maverick and was wanting to try something different so I let him us my STU'S and he said the scats got higher speeds but the STU'S got better holeshot and climbing capabilities..I also have the Mohawks for the fronts but never used them... call Fullerton Sand Sports and see what they recommend for the Maverick..Dave from Fullerton has a turbo Maverick
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

STU #2 comp cut is hard to beat. I'm over powering them now at 300hp but they are good up to 250ish hp range...
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

10 paddle 26" Scats on my non turbo. Don't have a lot of time in the sand, but they seemed to work ok. Running 26" Dunestars in front and I would recommend maybe going 27" in the front. Seems like the bumper spends a lot of time scooping sand into the cab and talker tire would help.

I have been running the GMZ 28" Sand Strippers, front and back. They seem to do real well here at the Oregon Coast. Was not impressed with them at St. Anthony dunes. Been doing a lot of research and was wanting to go with something a lot lighter. GMZ's and STU's are SO HEAVY!! I will be getting my new set of Skat Trak Warlocks 30x13x14 9-paddle extremes and 30x11x14 buffs. I purchase a set of 30x11x13 14-paddle gliders, but did not want to try them here in Oregon, was told they work best in Glamis. I have them for sale.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick4me View Post
    I have been running the GMZ 28" Sand Strippers, front and back. They seem to do real well here at the Oregon Coast. Was not impressed with them at St. Anthony dunes. Been doing a lot of research and was wanting to go with something a lot lighter. GMZ's and STU's are SO HEAVY!! I will be getting my new set of Skat Trak Warlocks 30x13x14 9-paddle extremes and 30x11x14 buffs. I purchase a set of 30x11x13 14-paddle gliders, but did not want to try them here in Oregon, was told they work best in Glamis. I have them for sale.
    I would be curious how warlocks will hold up here in Oregon running the trails..thin wall & wood aren't friends..be looking forward to your review
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Are those 14 paddle gliders are the ones you got from Jim Mears, Don??

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Are those 14 paddle gliders are the ones you got from Jim Mears, Don??
    Yes, these are the ones. Will be going down to Skat Trak warehouse in Southern California to pick up an order of Skats, including my new setup this next Wednesday!

Awesome....

It will be more awesome when I find someone who doesn't ride here in Oregon to buy them.... $550 for the set (30x11x14 14-paddle gliders) and I'll throw in a brand new set of front 30x11x14 warlock buffs for an additional $325. Won't find them at that price anywhere!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast