LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

XP 900 Clutch question .

Got a 13 xp. All stock. First changed out the helix to Hunterworks custom angle an less engine braking. Ran awesome like that, pulling all way to 8550 rpm an 80mph. Then installed the dalton clutch kit with primary spring an adjustable weights. Noticed the primary spring is quite a bit longer. Have it set up like they say for heavy 26" tires. Can only get it to rev 8100ish an once over 65 mph drops off an holds 8000 at stays there at 75mph. Have tried even dropping the weights empty (57.35g with the silver rivet still in tip), stock is 59grams. Like that it revs the 8200 but has no pulling power. 0-60mph time went from 8.4s (stock primary an new helix) to over 10seconds like that. I'm thinking the longer primary spring is holding up the primary on me. Anyone have any experience with this???

Proficient Driver
    I just ordered the kit, and thought you are to use the stock spring for the stock tires.

The primary spring comes with the kit. It's the secondary spring that's optional for bigger tires and mud use

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I've been back an forth with dalton an they can't figure it out either. Stock weights an springs pulls 8200 then once full speed climbs to limiter. Now I drilled the (suggested set up) tip weight out an have two screws in and it pulls around the 8100-8200 pretty good down low but even up to 75mph only will see about 8250-8300. Dosent seem to have the top end pull of the stock weights though. It's like the clutch won't shift out all the way an climb to the limiter.

Proficient Driver
    I just installed a Dalton kit in mine . I'm happy with it .

What difference did you see ??

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Millerrg View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on this? I've been back an forth with dalton an they can't figure it out either. Stock weights an springs pulls 8200 then once full speed climbs to limiter. Now I drilled the (suggested set up) tip weight out an have two screws in and it pulls around the 8100-8200 pretty good down low but even up to 75mph only will see about 8250-8300. Dosent seem to have the top end pull of the stock weights though. It's like the clutch won't shift out all the way an climb to the limiter.
    Give Dale at Dirty Dawg a call,,I only install his clutch kits and his tech support is excellent.