LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There is no real "Good" place to camp that is close to High Rock Canyon without dragging in your RV 40-60 miles on gravel roads. People do it, but I'd rather do that abusive grind in the Jeep or UTV and camp in a location not far off the beaten path. Never stayed on the lake bed, but the thought had crossed my mind just to stay in a more central location.

We're not getting into Double Hot Springs with RV's.....In Oct. the road was worse that ever and by the time you get there there would be 50lbs of alkali dust in the trailer!

I have also been thinking about staying down at the South end near Lovelock or Imlay to explore that lower part of the area and where the immigration trails turn North off of I80.

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I would be interested in April . Not able to go in March because we will be on the March Madness ride !!
    👍

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    There is no real "Good" place to camp that is close to High Rock Canyon without dragging in your RV 40-60 miles on gravel roads. People do it, but I'd rather do that abusive grind in the Jeep or UTV and camp in a location not far off the beaten path. Never stayed on the lake bed, but the thought had crossed my mind just to stay in a more central location.

We're not getting into Double Hot Springs with RV's.....In Oct. the road was worse that ever and by the time you get there there would be 50lbs of alkali dust in the trailer!

I have also been thinking about staying down at the South end near Lovelock or Imlay to explore that lower part of the area and where the immigration trails turn North off of I80.
    I was hoping to find somewhere close to a main road I don't want to be dragging my trailer on a bumper road. I was just talking with a buddy that knows he area and knows of good spots to camp with trailers so hopefully we can find some spots.

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I would be interested in April . Not able to go in March because we will be on the March Madness ride !!
    I was kind of thinking an April, I wasn't sure with march madness how it would work being so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepalive View Post
    I was hoping to find somewhere close to a main road I don't want to be dragging my trailer on a bumper road. I was just talking with a buddy that knows he area and knows of good spots to camp with trailers so hopefully we can find some spots.
    Off the "main road" is essentially Gerlach. Any of the good stuff to see is 40, 50, 60miles and more on dirt from there.

We did a camp / ride trip out of Lovelock this year. You can access the East side of the Black Rock, Frog Pond, etc. Some cool mining towns and equipment in the area. But even there we were 15 miles on dusty / dirty road. My RV and even inside enclosed trailer was a mess when we got home. We all kinda said we wouldn't go back just because of how dirty the RV's got, or try to camp closer to pavement and UTV in each day.
    2012 XP4
    Hybrid Z1 Swap
    Big Chute Turbo, Vipec, etc.
    Reno, NV.

Quote Originally Posted by BDacus View Post
    Off the "main road" is essentially Gerlach. Any of the good stuff to see is 40, 50, 60miles and more on dirt from there.

We did a camp / ride trip out of Lovelock this year. You can access the East side of the Black Rock, Frog Pond, etc. Some cool mining towns and equipment in the area. But even there we were 15 miles on dusty / dirty road. My RV and even inside enclosed trailer was a mess when we got home. We all kinda said we wouldn't go back just because of how dirty the RV's got, or try to camp closer to pavement and UTV in each day.

I have only been up in that area one time and when got to where we were going to camp when we opened the trailer door there was so much dust inside you couldn't see !! I would like to go again but it would be nice not to go so far back one dirt or gravel roads !!

Quite often we camp South of the area you are talking about, just off of the reservation. The camping area is just off of the hwy, yet fairly hidden by large rocks. A lot of old mines in the area. The riding is good but can be challenging in one area getting two one of the better mines. We don't get the playa dust in or on the RVs. Another place people ride and camp in the area, a little closer to where you are talking about is below Purgatory Peak (sp). We haven't checked out that area yet, but probably will sometime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by motleyones View Post
    Quite often we camp South of the area you are talking about, just off of the reservation. The camping area is just off of the hwy, yet fairly hidden by large rocks. A lot of old mines in the area. The riding is good but can be challenging in one area getting to one of the better mines. We don't get the playa dust in or on the RVs. Another place people ride and camp in the area, a little closer to where you are talking about is below Purgatory Peak (sp). We haven't checked out that area yet, but probably will sometime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by motleyones View Post
    Quite often we camp South of the area you are talking about, just off of the reservation. The camping area is just off of the hwy, yet fairly hidden by large rocks. A lot of old mines in the area. The riding is good but can be challenging in one area getting two one of the better mines. We don't get the playa dust in or on the RVs. Another place people ride and camp in the area, a little closer to where you are talking about is below Purgatory Peak (sp). We haven't checked out that area yet, but probably will sometime this month.

Good to know I'll keep that in mind, it looks like we're just going to sand mountain today no one wanted to go up to gerlach and I don't go on trips like that alone

Good to know I'll keep that in mind, it looks like we're just going to sand mountain today no one wanted to go up to gerlach and I don't go on trips like that alone
    👍. Have fun!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast