LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chauffeur Driver
    We've never done the Rubicon or Fordyce Trails. I have stock height XP4 and I've always wondered how it would do on those trails.

When arriving at Fordyce Lake, there is a road that goes to the left, just before the house. Have you guys gone down this road in a rzr? It look spretty gnarly.

Isn't the Barrett Jeep trail supposed to be the most extreme trail in this area?

"When arriving at Fordyce Lake, there is a road that goes to the left, just before the house. Have you guys gone down this road in a rzr? It look spretty gnarly."

that is the exit from committee crossing on fordyce.......thats nothing...compared to some of the other spots on the trail
    that section is doable with a stock xp4..as well as the trail itself, just a bit challenging

Quote Originally Posted by norcalrob View Post

that is the exit from committee crossing on fordyce.......thats nothing...compared to some of the other spots on the trail
    that section is doable with a stock xp4..as well as the trail itself, just a bit challenging
    I sure would like to know the definition of "doable". I guess I'm a wuss; we went a mile or so down that trail, and I thought it was plenty challenging.

I also did just part of the Rubicon once (about 7 miles starting from Loon Lake) and it beat me half to death! I was on my bone stock 50", with 25" tires and no power steering, but just over 13 miles (round trip) took 11 hours! You guys have my utmost respect!

Newbie Driver
    I am up for a Rubicon run. Would you come in from the Tahoe side or from loon lake?

I did Barrett in August. That trail is rough. Personally, I think it is a weekend trip. There is so much to see once you get to the end of the trail. You wouldn't have time to take much of it in. On the way in, the backpackers beat us to camp, LOL, but going back out it only took us 2 hours.

Bumbling Driver
    Yeah I would really like to do a Rubicon run. It looks like the at least the first weekend in November would be the soonest I could go but will have a better idea on a date here in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeman View Post
    I am up for a Rubicon run. Would you come in from the Tahoe side or from loon lake?

I did Barrett in August. That trail is rough. Personally, I think it is a weekend trip. There is so much to see once you get to the end of the trail. You wouldn't have time to take much of it in. On the way in, the backpackers beat us to camp, LOL, but going back out it only took us 2 hours.
    I'd be down for starting on the Tahoe side, I've started at Loon both times I've been this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jcowell4130 View Post
    Yeah I would really like to do a Rubicon run. It looks like the at least the first weekend in November would be the soonest I could go but will have a better idea on a date here in a week or so.
    The second weekend of Nov works best for me, that's my next weekend off so

Newbie Driver
    Tahoe side is fine with me. I cannot make it Saturday 12th, but first weekend, 13th, or weekend after is good for me.

Bumbling Driver
    I forgot I will be up in Stonyford the weekend of the 12th but I think I am free the following weekend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123