LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jcowell4130 View Post
    The trail is seasonal I know it does close in the winter but not exactly sure of the date I'll have to look that up I guess it also depends if we get an early snow season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What often happens in the El Dorado National Forest is that as soon as it gets good and wet, the Supervising Ranger for the entire district "temporarily" closes all roads and trails for "erosion control". In the past, they haven't opened back up until May 1.

Late Season Rubicon or Berrett trail Run ...

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    What often happens in the El Dorado National Forest is that as soon as it gets good and wet, the Supervising Ranger for the entire district "temporarily" closes all roads and trails for "erosion control". In the past, they haven't opened back up until May 1.
    Barrett Lake trail is tricky because they rarely open it and it may only be for one weekend then closed again. They say due to erosion control. It's always best to check online and then call to double check. I've wanted to do it for years but finding a weekend it's open can be tricky.

I Want to do a day trip run on the Rubicon or Berrett trail before the snow hit's and seeing if anyone has plans of doing so?

I have never been on the Rubicon trail before so want to join some people if anyone is interested.

Thanks ...
    We just got back from the Rubicon today. Went on Tahoe side & out Loon Lake. Took our Jeep tho because of the Rain
    We are planning on hitting the Con 1 More time this year. Not sure if we will take the RZR or the JK. Mostly depends on the weather. Let me know what date your thinking.

Bumbling Driver
    Wow I guess I was not aware that Barrett trail was closed that much. So when it does have a open day I guess you jump on it and make a special day out of it. Thanks for the info.

Competent Driver
    Great pic Ben, I have been trying to talk my wife into taking her mall masher up for a run but I'm not doing any good so far lol
    Riley Ranch still sucks

Wow I guess I was not aware that Barrett trail was closed that much. So when it does have a open day I guess you jump on it and make a special day out of it. Thanks for the info.
    Yes & hope you have nothing else planned We did Fordyce a few weeks ago it was a blast. The Rubicon is pretty but for those of us who have been wheeling it long before they destroyed gate keeper & little sluice & other sections it's a different place. BeerMod knows what I mean. Would love to run Barrett when they open it typically late June. Let's put together a ride. You can camp at Wright's Lake. I'll keep in touch with the rangers & get something planned

Bumbling Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailGirl78 View Post
    Yes & hope you have nothing else planned We did Fordyce a few weeks ago it was a blast. The Rubicon is pretty but for those of us who have been wheeling it long before they destroyed gate keeper & little sluice & other sections it's a different place. BeerMod knows what I mean. Would love to run Barrett when they open it typically late June. Let's put together a ride. You can camp at Wright's Lake. I'll keep in touch with the rangers & get something planned

I love Fordyce and have only rode a little of it. But sounds like the creek crossings are to much water flow from PG&E so will have to catch that trail next year or at least from the water crossings out that is.

Yeah I know I understand about the Rubicon I have a lot of crawling friends that have explained the changes over the years but sure pretty though like you said.

I guess I'm up for anything for as trails are considered. Just looking for some Tech trails to crawl on this time of the year.

Bumbling Driver
    Do you have any suggestions on some great trails to run this time a year that are on the more technical side? I would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks

Late Season Rubicon or Berrett trail Run ...

Signal Peak is good or Fordyce because water levels are low. We've wanted to do High Lakes too may have to plan a trip there soon too. Nigara OHV by pinecrest ca has some crawling but not good once deer season opens. My buddy is going to lead a ride there in the spring. I'll keep in touch with ranger about Barrett and we will put together a run when it opens.
    Great book I've found some fun trails in it!!

Last edited by TrailGirl78; 10-17-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Bumbling Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailGirl78 View Post
    Signal Peak is good or Fordyce because water levels are low. We've wanted to do High Lakes too may have to plan a trip there soon too. Nigara OHV by pinecrest ca has some crawling but not good once deer season opens. My buddy is going to lead a ride there in the spring. I'll keep in touch with ranger about Barrett and we will put together a run when it opens.
    Great book I've found some fun trails in it!!

Yeah I am really familiar with signal Peak as well as the Fordyce trail around that area. Going back to Fordyce lake is really cool area but looking for some stuff we have not rode yet this year.

Thanks for the recommendations and I will also check out that book. I guess I'll just keep an eye out here on this forum for upcoming rides people are doing.

Thanks again...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast