LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

Pickup Gasoline Transfer Tank

I've thought of getting rid of all our 5 gallon gas jugs and installing a 50-70 gallon upright tank in the truck bed for fueling toys. Besides the normal 30-35 gallon portable roll-around metal ones we've all seen, all the tanks I was looking at are specified for non-flammable liquids.....everything EXCEPT for gas. These are fully baffled, meet DOT specs for non-commercial use, and it doesn't matter if they are built from ATP aluminum or steel, they are NOT FOR GASOLINE! Seems it may have to do with US Federal Regulation Title 49 Admin rules (basically transportation of HazMat flammables). Then I find a .125 thick ATP tank with 12 V pump for all non-flammables, plus gas, plus aviation fuel, for twice the price.

What I don't get is these quality built, bolt-down pickup fuel transfer tanks aren't good enough to pass the Title 49 regulations for transporting flammables, but yet it's fine that someone can fill an approved 35 gallon portable gas tank on wheels, forget to strap it down, and perhaps said tank could roll forward thru the back cab glass when stopping suddenly. I'm about ready to go with the non-approved tank, use a static ground strap when using a 12 V pump if needed, and not worry about the non-approved tank......am I missing the real reason why these $300-500 tanks can't have gas in them??

Back before we started switching our equipment to diesel we carried a 100 gallon tank in the back of each pickup, one was gas the other diesel, they were identical tanks. When we switched everything to diesel we cleaned out the tank and started hauling diesel, same tank and pump and we used it for gas for years before switching over. Never had a special tank for gas or diesel, used the same tank and pump for both

I have a friend using the same tank I use for diesel to haul gas, got them at tractor supply

I'm assuming this is off the table and you ordered the extra 20 gal fuel cell for the Cyclone for a total of 50 gals?