LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Competent Driver

Pro Armor Crawlers or Roctanes ?

I have narrowed it down to these 2 tires on a 1000s . I ride wooded trails with some rocks and creek riding. Some of the areas has some mud but try and avoid that as much as possible. What are yalls thoughts. I am stuck between the two and can't decide.

I have the Pro Crawlers on both my XP 1000 and XPT and am very happy with them. The rise smooth and hold up to just about anything !!

I just put the pro crawlers on my 1000 and like them alot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawlers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably going with thr Pro Armor Crawlers too. Got a flat with the Bighorns in the shale last weekend. Do you need to have a clutch kit if going up to 30" tires for an XP 1000?

Quote Originally Posted by Iambatman View Post
    I'm probably going with thr Pro Armor Crawlers too. Got a flat with the Bighorns in the shale last weekend. Do you need to have a clutch kit if going up to 30" tires for an XP 1000?
    I have them on both of my RZR's and haven't done anything to my clutch and have no problems !!

Proficient Driver
    Well I know very little about the pro armor's but I bought a set of Roctanes last year 28" xd's.... Horrible tire! Leaked like a sieve, out of round couldn't balance them out, had to run them under 6lbs or you could not steer it.would dance around in the turns, Not good for anything but pounding rocks. Any speed on hard pack over 45 mph the car would violently shake. I called the Rep and worked a deal on there "new" xs lighter version Roctanes ran a little smoother but little traction again danced in the turns but every run would ruin a tire. A fast rocky or wooded trail would open it up like the San Andreas Fault line!
    Never seen a tire do this before.... I picked a stick the size of a ball bat and it some how drove straight in the face and ripped it open like you cut it open with a skill saw bought a replacement the next time out had a small 1 plug hole, put it in and it suddenly needed another, then another, then another the hole kept getting bigger! Had 12 plugs in it and limped back. Took it to a tire shop he stuck a large channel lock in the hole and ripped it open... They called it "running" where the cheep cording would easily ripp in one direction like a sheet!
    So I'd I mention "Horrible tire"?

Beginning Driver
    I have ran 3 sets of the mongrels,good tire but i can't ever get threw a full set with out a sidewall issue. So I just made the purchase of the pro crawlers xr and some race line beadlocks wheels so I'm hoping I made a good choice !! But if anyone else decides to get a set try to remember that they have an XG,and XR version of the crawler the XG is more for the Rock Crawler riding and the XR is more of Desert,higher speed ,harder compound tire Just an FYI !! thats what I learned about them anyway!!

Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy745 View Post
    I have ran 3 sets of the mongrels,good tire but i can't ever get threw a full set with out a sidewall issue. So I just made the purchase of the pro crawlers xr and some race line beadlocks wheels so I'm hoping I made a good choice !! But if anyone else decides to get a set try to remember that they have an XG,and XR version of the crawler the XG is more for the Rock Crawler riding and the XR is more of Desert,higher speed ,harder compound tire Just an FYI !! thats what I learned about them anyway!!

I'm going to have to look into this because I didn't know there was different ones .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast