LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belts

Accomplished Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    I run gates belts and I believe they last just as long as Polaris belts for less than half the price. If you buy them from Orielly auto parts, they are guaranteed for one year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must have a friend that works there or ?

Their warranty :
    What Does This Warranty Not Cover?

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND TO PRODUCT THAT FAILS DUE TO (i) ACCIDENT OR COLLISION; (ii) IMPROPER USE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE OR SERVICE; (iii) COMBINATION OF THE PRODUCT WITH OTHER THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT(S) WHICH FAIL; (iv) ABUSE, MISUSE, MODIFICATION, OR NEGLECT; (v) FAILURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS; (vi) AN ACT OF GOD (SUCH AS A FLOOD, CHEMICAL FALLOUT, SALT, HAIL OR OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS INCLUDING NATURAL DISASTERS); (vii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES; OR (viii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR MARINE PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR MARINE USE.

I was in the local Oriely here and mentioned about the Gates belt for our rzr's , first thing he said they will not honor the warranty on the belts...

Saying that , their online price for the belt is $114.99 You can get it from Hunterworks for $89 ? or $85 each if you buy two or more no shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by OFDPOS View Post

Their warranty :

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND TO PRODUCT THAT FAILS DUE TO (i) ACCIDENT OR COLLISION; (ii) IMPROPER USE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE OR SERVICE; (iii) COMBINATION OF THE PRODUCT WITH OTHER THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT(S) WHICH FAIL; (iv) ABUSE, MISUSE, MODIFICATION, OR NEGLECT; (v) FAILURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS; (vi) AN ACT OF GOD (SUCH AS A FLOOD, CHEMICAL FALLOUT, SALT, HAIL OR OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS INCLUDING NATURAL DISASTERS); (vii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES; OR (viii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR MARINE PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR MARINE USE.

I was in the local Oriely here and mentioned about the Gates belt for our rzr's , first thing he said they will not honor the warranty on the belts...

Saying that , their online price for the belt is $114.99 You can get it from Hunterworks for $89 ? or $85 each if you buy two or more no shipping.
    But it makes no sense. The rest of the capitalized sentence talks about when the product is not intended for the off-road use. Clearly, a belt for a RZR, Maverick, General, and so on, is INTENDED for off-road use.

Quote Originally Posted by OFDPOS View Post

Their warranty :

So don't buy one

Ive been running the Gates Carbon belt with no issues. Stocker has a few burn marks from the wife doing low speed crawling in high gear which caused a "chatter". Saved stocker as backup and have at least 600 miles on the gates

Newbie Driver
    Have 900 miles on my Gates Carbon Belt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12