LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Sounds good, we'll be there Wednesday.

Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    As we get closer to the ride, I was just wondering if you have planned which ride or destination on which day. The reason I ask is that it is looking like I won't be able to get there until Thursday night, and maybe not until late Thursday night.
    No worries... We can do this on Friday .. Last I heard the park service was only doing the mine tour on the weekend but I will double check if I can get them to answer the phone.. I thinking if we can ride to Bodie early Sat even though it's might be busy.. spend a few hours there and ride the rest of the afternoon .. Thursday we can do a 6 hr ride along the river to the hot springs or leave early pack gas and make a long run outside of Hawthorn to a very unique mine camp on the mt called Bass Camp! Google it' either one is a great destination

Proficient Driver
    http://project-jk.com/trail-events/b...d-under-a-rock
    Here's an article on the miners cabin called Bass camp... But it's a hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb9 View Post
    No worries... We can do this on Friday .. Last I heard the park service was only doing the mine tour on the weekend but I will double check if I can get them to answer the phone.. I thinking if we can ride to Bodie early Sat even though it's might be busy.. spend a few hours there and ride the rest of the afternoon .. Thursday we can do a 6 hr ride along the river to the hot springs or leave early pack gas and make a long run outside of Hawthorn to a very unique mine camp on the mt called Bass Camp! Google it' either one is a great destination
    OK, Bodie on Saturday and Hawthorne or Bass Camp on Thursday. What do you have in mind for Friday?

Proficient Driver
    We'll go to mount Patterson up the back side through Belmont

Proficient Driver
    Sorry I menti Belfort.. Old ghost town with a couple of old log cabins and mine

Sharon and I plan on getting there early Thursday morning, I talk to Bob he said he is also leaving Early Thursday , hoping to be there by 10am.
    If you guys are gone on the ride already is it obvious where the access to the trails are?
    I think Richard and my Brother are getting there Wednesday night also.
    Sound like it's going to be some fun riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proficient Driver
    [QUOTE=Mike621;28703]Sharon and I plan on getting there early Thursday morning, I talk to Bob he said he is also leaving Early Thursday , hoping to be there by 10am.
    If you guys are gone on the ride already is it obvious where the access to the trails are?
    I think Richard and my Brother are getting there Wednesday night also.
    Sound like it's going to be some fun riding.
    The Blm trails start or used to start directly across the road till a few years ago a new neighbor moved in and he try's to claim it as his own, but it's not we cked if so he'd be fencing it... Even so it's not worth tiring to avoid the obsticals he lays out when you can simply run down the shoulder a 1/4 mile to the next one or run down the road like the locals do... Anyway head north towards the end of the lake to Masonic Rd on the rt... A couple of miles up that will be the old ghost town Masonic to ck out ...can't miss it. One of the mine holes is behind it... Continue up the hill and the trail splits about 5 ways most of them eventually come out to a main thoroughfare but if your planing to make a loop of it bring a map allow plenty of time and gas.
    You also can leave camp towards town there is a trail on the hill above the road but it requires cutting through the Indian res and hooks to Bodie Rd. Although a doable link I don't care for it as its boreing and I don't like rolling through the Indian community! Call me cell service is spotty for att but version seams to work 209 nine six 9 4055

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb9 View Post
    We'll go to mount Patterson up the back side through Belmont
    That is a great plan, Alan. I Googled Belfort and it sounds like a cool place to see. I've been to Bodie before, and it is also an interesting destination. If I have to miss a ride on Thursday, the longest one would be my choice (those 100+ mile rides are hard!). Ol' "100 mile Ed" is usually merciless on me!

Sure am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    That is a great plan, Alan. I Googled Belfort and it sounds like a cool place to see. I've been to Bodie before, and it is also an interesting destination. If I have to miss a ride on Thursday, the longest one would be my choice (those 100+ mile rides are hard!). Ol' "100 mile Ed" is usually merciless on me!

Sure am looking forward to seeing everyone!
    Well I get it' my good ride buddy will be showing up at the same time as many others... In hopes to accomidate the general population perhaps will ditch the long haul ash 150mile ride to bass camp for a future stay out of Hawthorn area... We may still could do a late lunch by the river next to a hot springs and be back for dinner and relax time by the lake.. This is still could be in the 70-80 mile range with some great scenery along the way... There is plenty to see locally... By the way I couldn't get the picture to post but some one built out of stone a hot tub fed by the spring that is clean and ready to soak in should some desire! I have often considered bringing a inner tube or fishing in this spot of the Walker river.. Let me know your thoughts!
    Ps.. Does anyone coming have access to some Utvcrazy tee shirts? I would like to purchase as gift to the rv park owners... Any wearable color ... men's xl, women's Med, and if doable infant 18month to 2yr???

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast