Been running in the sand and off road in general for close to 40 years. Hill shooter dune cars and now SXS's. I am gonna buy one more of these things. One more. Now that I have the XP1K exactly they way I want it, with the suspension done by Ed, and have spent the usual amount of $ on it I figure it must be time to move up, LOL
Horsepower has always been a drug I can't stay away from, I guess.
I have narrowed it down to either a Polaris Turbo S or a X3. Two seats. We ride dunes and do a lot of desert running and general back country stuff. I don't run where width is a problem, we spend most of our time in northern Nevada and will be moving there in about 2 years.(sooner if I can wear my wife down and get her to retire). I have a pair of PRP seats that I had built for me with heat and Lumbar that will come out of the XP1k and go with me, PRP has a mounting kit that will put them in the Can Am should we go that way.
I have sat in a few Can Ams and like the laid back driving position, I have back issues and it helps. I am tall from the waist up so line of sight is not a problem.
I like the concept of the Dynamix but Polaris never seems to get the dang shock valving and spring rates right based on stories I read, and the Can Am may need help there too. Ed The Suspension guy built my current set up to allow for a plush ride but I can spin the knobs and run harder should I choose.
I know a cage is a high priority on the Turbo S. How is the factory cage on the X3?
Has Polaris put enough $ into the Turbo S that the trans bearing problem is rectified?
Does the new Smart Lock front end on the X3 make the 4x4 more effective?
Whatever we buy is probably going to be a brand new unit, looking to buy in the fall. I read rumors of a whole new car from Polaris but I would never buy a first year car from them again...my 14 has been trouble free other than 4 trips back to the dealer for recalls on the exhaust...Our eldest son just bought a new Turbo S XP4, it appears very nice. He has been in Reno for close to ten years and is on my case to go with another Polaris...I ain't so sure...

Would love to hear from you guys...