Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Last ride my brand new supposedly Rugged Radio wouldn’t broadcast 5 miles into the ride, then mysteriously started working 5 miles from the end.
Another don’t, and I know this is hard to do, is for whoever is leading the ride to not turn it into a race, this is very hard to do when your having fun, and know we’re your going, sometimes when I’m leading a ride I have to remember that some people never been here before.
Maybe on ready big groups say over 20 cars we could have two groups, or if whoever is planning a ride could limit the group to whatever they think would be the right size group for the ride, some of the group I ride motorcycles with do it that way.
I have a ghost short in my radio that works perfect at home but not on the trail too... as for driving too fast my runs are only as fast as Barry decides to go and he usually keeps up with me no problem... I split the ride a couple of times at Bridgeport last year by sharing my GPS track with Pipelayer and it worked out good... its not a bad idea. With the use of the radios and a couple of guys that know the area or has the same gps track its something I will try again.