LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    What year and model did you do Steve ? I did 2 XP 900's and never saw anything I could adjust ? Maybe i better get a book and check it out before i do the 1000 !!
    I have the service manual downloaded for a '14 XP1K. Be glad to send it to you if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Who all has changed their bearings in the transmission on their RZR's?

I am going to change mine after a few failures others had at Sand Mountain. Just not sure if I am going to pay to have it done or do it myself. I would have Ben do it but he is almost 700 miles away.

Any advice from any of those who changed them out themselves? How difficult is it?
    I did mine @ 40 hours before i Z1 swapped
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

I ordered all the bearings and a clutch alignment tool. Should have them by the end of the week. I'm replacing 8 bearings. Figured since I am in there, might as well change them all out.
    If all the parts get here by Friday I plan on getting started on this project.

I ordered all the bearings and a clutch alignment tool. Should have them by the end of the week. I'm replacing 8 bearings. Figured since I am in there, might as well change them all out.
    Why not the other 2 bearings for a total of 10, Tim?

tim take the tool and a hammer the holes flat .... most are press punched out hammer it back flat on some it makes the alignment off a tad...
    Dead man walking

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycat8 View Post
    tim take the tool and a hammer the holes flat .... most are press punched out hammer it back flat on some it makes the alignment off a tad...
    I did notice the polaris tool comes bent. It's just a huge rip off what they charge for about 50 cents worth of steel. Lol There are way better tools made by the aftermarket

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sparks makes a nice alignment tool.

uploadfromtaptalk1449685642542.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Buy a new RZR and you have to spend more money to repair-em, Pay top dollar and they put in bottom dollar shit in-em

That is what is stopping me from getting new-one
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Why not the other 2 bearings for a total of 10, Tim?
    Polaris uses good Japanese bearings for the other two. It looks like they used a higher quality bearing on the output shafts so they could take the higher load those bearings would have on them? Just guessing as to why they used Japanese bearings in those locations.
    Smarter guys like Ben or JC8 would probably know the reason why the different bearings.

simple answer its all about cost savings... if you can save .10 over 1 million units thats a savings/profit of $100,000 do that x8 thats close to a million bucks saved. adds up fast do this all over the unit and you now see the big pic... happens in any form of manufacturing little things like that can save a corp billions a year
    Dead man walking

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast