LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Competent Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    I know of 2 others that were being dropped off Pat. A lot of tranny carnage that week!
    Wow and with all the new turbos he has to do may be he mite have to hire Milos to help out LOL

You need 2 x 6303 @ $ 7.91 each
    1 x 6305 @ $10.49 each
    2 X 6207 @ $12.49 each
    http://www.usabearingsandbelts.com/m...-35x72x17.html
    this site don't have bearing # 6010 Nachi brand

2 x 6010 @ $26.37 each

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit9812
    you can get here all of them too, but cost little more

Total 7 bearings, all Nachi brand.
    Dead man walking

Maybe Ben will post some detailed pictures on one of the ones he is doing !

Quote Originally Posted by crazywatson View Post
    I'll have to find the part numbers. You'll need a 3 jaw puller to change the bearing and a press. A clutch alignment tool to line the transmission back up and a special socket to tighten the transmission to engine bolts. I made a socket by cutting apart 2 sockets and welding them together. Polaris sells the socket though. They sell the alignment tool too but there are after market companies with way better tools. Like Sparks Racing and a couple others. The socket and clutch tool is good to have for future maintenance. That is critical to good belt life. Make sure you seal the cases good polaris has had allot of leaking transmissions over the years. Oh and yes they are open bearing made for oil bath.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I guess I was lucky because I didn't have a clutch alignment tool and don't remember needing a special socket for the trans bolts .

Quote Originally Posted by XS-Cash View Post
    I guess I was lucky because I didn't have a clutch alignment tool and don't remember needing a special socket for the trans bolts .
    You need the socket to tighten the lock nuts on the transmission adjusters. You tighten the adjuster to take the gap up in the mounts to a torque spec then tighten the lock nuts to hold the adjuster in place then tighten the transmission to engine bolts. Not taking those steps puts pressure on the cast aluminum mounting tabs. I suggest you get the tools and do it like the book says. These cases are known for breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywatson View Post
    You need the socket to tighten the lock nuts on the transmission adjusters. You tighten the adjuster to take the gap up in the mounts to a torque spec then tighten the lock nuts to hold the adjuster in place then tighten the transmission to engine bolts. Not taking those steps puts pressure on the cast aluminum mounting tabs. I suggest you get the tools and do it like the book says. These cases are known for breaking.

What year and model did you do Steve ? I did 2 XP 900's and never saw anything I could adjust ? Maybe i better get a book and check it out before i do the 1000 !!

I can't remember if it's an 11 or 12.

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    Who all has changed their bearings in the transmission on their RZR's?

I am going to change mine after a few failures others had at Sand Mountain. Just not sure if I am going to pay to have it done or do it myself. I would have Ben do it but he is almost 700 miles away.

Any advice from any of those who changed them out themselves? How difficult is it?
    If you want to try and do it yourself you can always call me and I can help you walk you through it

polaris also says to replace the bolts too
    Dead man walking

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    If you want to try and do it yourself you can always call me and I can help you walk you through it
    Thanks Ben, I appreciate that. I will probably do my own. Will start tearing into it after thanksgiving.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast