LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
    Proficient Driver

Tennessee Smokies

I'm planning a trip to Tennessee at the end of October and wondering if there are some good trails to explore the mountains. Not really wanting to go to a park though. I'll have my kids with me so I'm not wanting anything extreme.

Royal blue is a great place to ride. Rideroyalblue.com

Please post pictures...trying to talk Mom & Dad into a trip back east in the next couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
    Please post pictures...trying to talk Mom & Dad into a trip back east in the next couple of years
    How close to Missouri is this? We all need to go see Jim and Tyra.

Chauffeur Driver
    When you say Park... compared to most of the country, areas like Windrock, Brimstone, Ride Royal Blue do not compare. They are vast areas with many many miles of marked/mapped trails. from wild to mild. you can choose what you want to get into. I would highly reccommend Ride Royal Blue as well. its very moderate riding with great views and well mapped trails. It joins up to the rest of the Areas listed via the TWRA land and you can explore and ride as far and extreme as you want. get a gps. there are numerous cabin and hotel options available and you can usaully find someone to ride with that will show you around. IMO its the best place in the country to ride. Permits are required and each area has their own rules and restrictions. you can google them to find out what you need.

I looked it up and it looks like a great ride destination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two closest areas, they are parks, Sundquist and Windrock. Both have well marked trail systems, though Sunquist is less extreme and a great family atmosphere. Best access is through the Royal Blue Campground off Stinking Creek Road. They do have cabins and wash station.

we just got back from a 4 day trip to Ride Royal Blue and it was amazing. I will be going back there a few times a year from here out. Amazing trails from hard to easy and it was all around great time riding even in the pouring rain!