LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    most of our group runs the "bajapits "channel

Quote Originally Posted by motosx View Post
    most of our group runs the "bajapits "channel
    Ya, that one locally belongs to Calfire. Lots of activity up here in the Northstate the past few months too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    I wasn't aware you had anything to install Barry. Didn't you get a handheld and a magmount antenna?

I'm in Wyoming right now, so we can get together when I get back.
    I got the handheld with the 18" antenna (not magmount). I'll just need mine "programmed" (?) to be consistent with the rest of the group. Have a great time fishing, Tony!

High folks... as per freq.. for your radios there are 5 vhf frequencies that are available M.U.R.S. multible use radio Service... you do not require a licence to use.... murs 5 is also used as a Sar simplex freq....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    High folks... as per freq.. for your radios there are 5 vhf frequencies that are available M.U.R.S. multible use radio Service... you do not require a licence to use.... murs 5 is also used as a Sar simplex freq....
    This is correct....however to be legal, you must use a type approved radio, not more than 2 watts power, and narrow 11.25kHz channel bandwidth/ 2.5kHz deviation. Jeepspeed #65 is a MURS channel, but I bet it's transmitting WFO.

Absolutely... majority of older rugged radios deviation is wider... Couple of inexpensive hand helds.. Baofengs and wouxun are narrowe banded and low power works well...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Finally got a chance to use/learn to use my rugged radio this week at Sand Mountain..Lance has been riding with me alot this trip so it's nice to be able to talk about surroundings without just pointing and hope he understands what my hand signals me...I also got the Bluetooth and it works great..I can listen to my music and not annoy others in the group...
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Welcome to the club! Adds a whole new dimension to a ride huh?

I think the Rugged intercom is the best modification I have installed in the car!

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Finally got a chance to use/learn to use my rugged radio this week at Sand Mountain..Lance has been riding with me alot this trip so it's nice to be able to talk about surroundings without just pointing and hope he understands what my hand signals me...I also got the Bluetooth and it works great..I can listen to my music and not annoy others in the group...
    It was nice to be able to keep tabs on where everyone in the group was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    My radio worked GREAT for a day...lol...then I couldn't receive or no one could hear me... Russell said where is you antenna mounted...I said right here....WTH...I lost my antenna somewhere on the trails.... .
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast