LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar

Radios, intercoms & frequencies

Ok.. I'm just learning how to run my radio...Uggg My attention span is short. .lol..
    I purchased a Rugged Radio setup..VX-2200..radio, intercom and also Bluetooth need to listen to my tunes...LBR just finished installing it for our next outing at SM for Halloween..so I have a little over a month so I will see how I do...
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Downloaded the pre-programmed frequency list for this radio (91 installed of 128 capability) and see about 98% of them are not useful....wow.

Pretty cool huh?

My whole set up is still in the box. Is there still a possibility for an "install" day at your shop, Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    Pretty cool huh?
    Bahahahaha! Yes, totally fantastic!!

Tony, wouldn't everyone that has a radio nowadays probably be nominal VHF capable, the 5 watt handhelds up to 50 watts mobiles? (excluding marine radio)

Would it be feasible to "assign ourselves" an unofficial UTVCrazy 3 channel list for all Crazy rides? Everyone could have these 3 channels preprogramed into their radios, then on the morning of any Crazy ride, CQ our 3 frequencies for outside activity and decide on our primary, secondary and thirdary channels prior to ride time. If we meet others on the trail who want to tag along, they could program up to us....if we meet others on trail using our primary or we get interference, everyone could seamlessly change to our secondary channel with a shout out "SECONDARY" or "THIRDARY" without having to group up for the channel change.....if we need more than 3 channels, then we need to get the hell outta Glamis!!... lol.....thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    My whole set up is still in the box. Is there still a possibility for an "install" day at your shop, Tony?
    I wasn't aware you had anything to install Barry. Didn't you get a handheld and a magmount antenna?

I'm in Wyoming right now, so we can get together when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Bahahahaha! Yes, totally fantastic!!

Tony, wouldn't everyone that has a radio nowadays probably be nominal VHF capable, the 5 watt handhelds up to 50 watts mobiles? (excluding marine radio)

Would it be feasible to "assign ourselves" an unofficial UTVCrazy 3 channel list for all Crazy rides? Everyone could have these 3 channels preprogramed into their radios, then on the morning of any Crazy ride, CQ our 3 frequencies for outside activity and decide on our primary, secondary and thirdary channels prior to ride time. If we meet others on the trail who want to tag along, they could program up to us....if we meet others on trail using our primary or we get interference, everyone could seamlessly change to our secondary channel with a shout out "SECONDARY" or "THIRDARY" without having to group up for the channel change.....if we need more than 3 channels, then we need to get the hell outta Glamis!!... lol.....thoughts??
    Channel 65 is the only Rugged freq I'm willing to transmit on although the 4 other MURS channels could be added.

I have the vx2200 also and rugged radios programmed it for me. I have channels like JEEPSD LOCOMOCP, OFFRDCOM, a bunch of other channels and weather channels too. I need to find out what they all are. I don't have anyone local to try them out. I do know that it bleeds over on my blue tooth stereo really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can find the freq list on the net if you search. Rugged has it password protected probably because people were buying other radios and copying their list for sale to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    I have the vx2200 also and rugged radios programmed it for me. I have channels like JEEPSD LOCOMOCP, OFFRDCOM, a bunch of other channels and weather channels too. I need to find out what they all are. I don't have anyone local to try them out. I do know that it bleeds over on my blue tooth stereo really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PM sent

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast