LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
    Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar

California trail maps

Some updated trail maps
    http://www.californiatrailmap.com/
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Greenhorn Driver
    There are a few of us from the Northern part of the state that are looking for maps in our area of California.

Try the app "avenza"
    Downloadable Pdf trail maps..tracks you as you ride
    Topo or mvum maps

Also backcountry navigator

from my phone

Experienced Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by stagerider View Post
    There are a few of us from the Northern part of the state that are looking for maps in our area of California.
    Try looking up Rider Planet and there you can find the trails you your area or whatever you look to check out

Quote Originally Posted by CHbeer View Post
    Try looking up Rider Planet and there you can find the trails you your area or whatever you look to check out
    Rider planet is awesome for a web browser...if you want a free mobile app, download "moto2go". It is the app that redirects you to the Rider Planet but easily viewed by mobile rather than a browser.

Newbie Driver
    I am the creator of California Trail Map. It is more accurate than any other source available. It doesn't rely on government data or crowd sourcing. I created the majority of the data myself and it's a complete map that reflects all of the regulations that have been implemented.

PDF maps are reliable but they only cover some areas and they don't go into a lot of detail.

Apps like Backcountry Navigator rely on USGS maps that were made between 1945 and 1990. The USGS map hasn't been updated in several decades. The apps are new. The data is old.

Other apps use Open Street Map Topo which relies on crowd sourcing. Any source that relies on random user submissions won't be entirely accurate when it comes to regulations and they aren't complete. They have huge gaps because they aren't the result of a concentrated effort.

California Trail Map currently includes southern California, Death Valley, Tulare county and Clark county Nevada. I'm working my way north. The coverage is extremely thorough so it takes a while to make. It's not just a map of trails. It's a complete map with a background and all points of interest.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 00YZ250 View Post
    I am the creator of California Trail Map. It is more accurate than any other source available. It doesn't rely on government data or crowd sourcing. I created the majority of the data myself and it's a complete map that reflects all of the regulations that have been implemented.

PDF maps are reliable but they only cover some areas and they don't go into a lot of detail.

Apps like Backcountry Navigator rely on USGS maps that were made between 1945 and 1990. The USGS map hasn't been updated in several decades. The apps are new. The data is old.

Other apps use Open Street Map Topo which relies on crowd sourcing. Any source that relies on random user submissions won't be entirely accurate when it comes to regulations and they aren't complete. They have huge gaps because they aren't the result of a concentrated effort.

California Trail Map currently includes southern California, Death Valley, Tulare county and Clark county Nevada. I'm working my way north. The coverage is extremely thorough so it takes a while to make. It's not just a map of trails. It's a complete map with a background and all points of interest.
    Thank you very much for the update
    I will get it updated on my tablet

I'm looking now for trail mapping for NV.
    Don't Run Out Of Talent