LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I found this on another forum. I thought it might be of some interest.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...-in-the-Making

It's sad for people like me who spent decades going to the rubicon. I started out in a 1968 International Scout on 33's then worked up to full buggy on 44's. Over the years I watched the trail become more and more of a hot spot for the big shot wheelers. I loved the crowds and all of the party's we had at the box! Just as the trail hit it's peak for off road enthusiasts rangers and sherif started to make there presence known. They handed out DUI's and arrested people every weekend. While most of us didn't have any issue with this (because we all should drink responsible) what we did mind was the talks of closure.

Then one day out of the blue I unload my buggy and head into the trail like normal only to find hundreds and hundreds of 5gal buckets full of small rock. I'm thinking what the hell is all that! Right about then I'm confronted by a man that says "anyone heading into the Con needs to take a bucket". I was unsure of what was actually going on so I loaded a bucket into my already over packed rig. I then continued down the trail. It wasn't till I got past the slabs that I realized a large crew of people with tractors altering the trail. At this point they wanted my bucket. They took what I hauled in FOR FREE and used it to fill in all of my favorite obstacles!!!!

I swore after that day 6 years ago I would NEVER go back! In my eyes at that time they ruined the trail and everything I loved about it.

Fast forward to today, I find myself curious as to what they have done to the trail. I am anxious to go back to the trail I've wheeled a 100 times. I'm sure the trail is boring for a buggy on 44" tires, but maybe it was for the best.... Maybe now more people can enjoy this amazing place. I don't know what to expect, but after 6 years I've made peace with it and I'm ready to go back for better or worse

Can't wait to see you all there!!!
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

Great story Josh....thanx some of the past history on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbr View Post
    great story josh....thanx some of the past history on it.

There can't really only be 3 of us who want to do this ride is there? It is the chance of a lifetime to be on arguably the most famous 4x4 trail in the country. Don't be scared. It's going to be a blast. Only a few weeks away now
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Quote Originally Posted by neil11975 View Post
    There can't really only be 3 of us who want to do this ride is there? It is the chance of a lifetime to be on arguably the most famous 4x4 trail in the country. Don't be scared. It's going to be a blast. Only a few weeks away now
    For me its not the matter of not wanting to go , just cant go because of other things already planned .

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    For me its not the matter of not wanting to go , just cant go because of other things already planned .
    Yeah I saw that Ed. I just don't want anyone to miss out because they think they can't make it on that trail. We will have an awesome guide and we will make sure everyone gets in and out, maybe with just a few more scrapes than we started with.
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

The Rubicon was definitely on my bucket list until about 3 years ago. We started from Loon Lake and it took us 11 hours to go 13 miles! Absolutely beat the crap out of me, but I admit it was on my 50" without power steering. Glad I did it, but don't think I want to do it again!

I'm in the same situation with my machine....don't think sans power steering and articulation ability I would have much enjoyment.

It will be a super fun run for sure Neil! Josh add
    Matt Andino
    Kabryna Andino
    Vichay Bun
    and Kevin Omalley
    To the list going 🏼

Ready to ride!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast