LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How big is to big?

With all these SXS coming out that have more power and stronger components why not go with bigger rubber? I've been running 33's for quite some time now and lately I've wondered how much bigger I could go. So what do you guys think is the ultimate tire size on the west coast. Trails like the Rubicon, Fordyce, and Moab I feel bigger is better

How big is to big for all around trail riding?

I'm looking at these bad boys. They are 5lbs lighter each than what I run now. Opinions?

http://www.bfgoodrichracing.com/bfgo...-kr2-class-10/
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

I like the bigger tires too but with the size gives the wheel more leverage to tweak the suspension components. My only question is how big of tire you can go before you have to start upgrading your whole suspension and how much the frame can take after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good point. I doubt the stock suspension can take much more than a 33" truck tire. I know the axles should be upgraded.
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

There is a guy on the other forum that is running 35" bfg's with a dalton clutch and rhino axles. He says he is going up to 37's next time. I think that is when you will start seeing internal parts breaking. If you upgrade the axles and cv joints, that is the next weak link. That could get expensive.
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Competent Driver
    Your going to need to run 930"s I bet with that big

Quote Originally Posted by neil11975 View Post
    There is a guy on the other forum that is running 35" bfg's with a dalton clutch and rhino axles. He says he is going up to 37's next time. I think that is when you will start seeing internal parts breaking. If you upgrade the axles and cv joints, that is the next weak link. That could get expensive.
    I think I've seen it if it's the 900 4 seater.
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

isn't this what happened to the 4x4 guys keep getting bigger and bigger and pretty soon the trail is rutted so deep that only the big boys can go through
    don't get me wrong do what you want but I would think 31-33 would be plenty big for a SxS if a person wants a jeep buy a jeep

Quote Originally Posted by drtfun View Post
    isn't this what happened to the 4x4 guys keep getting bigger and bigger and pretty soon the trail is rutted so deep that only the big boys can go through
    don't get me wrong do what you want but I would think 31-33 would be plenty big for a SxS if a person wants a jeep buy a jeep
    Good point! But I would think its the exact opposite. The guys with big tires walk right through the trail and the guys with the little tires struggle creating holes and ruts.
    Tatum Black Widow
    402 stroker twin turbo
    Albins sequential
    1200hp @ 18psi

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Mod View Post
    Good point! But I would think its the exact opposite. The guys with big tires walk right through the trail and the guys with the little tires struggle creating holes and ruts.
    I know back in the 80's we had a short box Chevy with 44s' and our jeep with just a little over stock height..our driveway got so badly rutted with the Chevy that it got high centered eventually and we had to ride the high point with jeep...so my thought is the bigger the tire bigger the hole will eventually get and the Environmentalists have more reason to close an area..
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

True

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast