LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
    I knew we would be seeing clutch issues, but thought it would take a little longer. A Recluse kit will fix the gearing they told me.........

Anyone else wanna bitch about belt drive and dream of a shifter play car?
    the recluse does nothing to the gearing... i have had them in my dirtbike, so i know how it works and the maitinance it requiers . all it does is first you need to remove a couple clutch plates to make room for it to fit...

this removes surface area for the clutch thus not as much grab. the recluse just allows the clutch to slip at idle /low rpm's, so you dont stall. it sort of work's like the old honda atc clutch .

it also has no gear reduction in it so their is no way it fixes too high a gear. the recluse has a bunch of balls in it and plates that need to be adjusted to keep it working good... so to me removing clutch area will make clutch life less than stock. alba and weller racing are working with Barnett racing clutches for a better clutch.

a guess to why they are going out is driver error. i see many yxz owners talking about slipping the clutch or not fumilure to a clutch in off road as many never drove/road a dirt bike or quad . most of the people that have or had a converted sxs to a streetbike eng saw this would be a problem and many said look out for it
    Dead man walking

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    I bought a brand new 2002 Yamaha YZ426 Motocross bike back in the day, took it on the first race and burnt the clutch and plates up in the first moto, of a 4 moto weekend, needless to say I was pissed at the time, Yamaha wouldn't cover moto bike, I sold it and went back to two stroke. At the time everybody was switching to four strokes. So I guess it's just bad luck sometimes and someone ends up with the lemon.
    I think for this type of machine though this should definitely be covered under warranty with only 350 miles on it, from what I hear it's hydraulic clutch with no adjustment, so had to be misadjusted at the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    hydraulic has no adj as it needs none its a set gap that auto adjust but the yxz has a very short throw so movement is minimal, thats a complaint owners have and also can be partly blamed since its hard to use thus guys ride the pedal and slip it
    Dead man walking

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycat8 View Post
    hydraulic has no adj as it needs none its a set gap that auto adjust but the yxz has a very short throw so movement is minimal, thats a complaint owners have and also can be partly blamed since its hard to use thus guys ride the pedal and slip it
    Yeah very true JC slipping the clutch in corners or up hills will defiantly over heat the clutch and burn it up, I never drove a new YXZ yet, but you should be able to put it in third gear for the most part, and leave it there.
    One of the problems with the Recluse clutch that you talked about is why I didn't buy a Yamaha , I had one of the Recluse in a dirt bike also, and I was always adjusting it to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nate from alba got his yxz done intime for glamis here is his tease pic almost 160 hp at rear tires and a new clutch,,,,lol

nate alba.jpg
    Dead man walking

I was laughing when the sales guy at the dealer tried to sell me one when I was just looking the the Xds Maverick while I was there. I told him I wasn't interested till it had a low range gear.....that is when he told me the Recluse would fix it! I laughed and told him the only thing the Recluse kit would do is allow the driver to burn the clutch up faster without warning!

Needless to say, he didn't like what I told him.

I was laughing when the sales guy at the dealer tried to sell me one when I was just looking the the Xds Maverick while I was there. I told him I wasn't interested till it had a low range gear.....that is when he told me the Recluse would fix it! I laughed and told him the only thing the Recluse kit would do is allow the driver to burn the clutch up faster without warning!

its looking like the sales guys think its a gear reduction unit...lol
    Dead man walking

Wow that's funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heres a new twist too add

http://www.americanv4.com/
    Dead man walking

heres a new twist too add

http://www.americanv4.com/
    That is sweet! Love the flat torque curve.......

might be hard to squeeze into a CanAm though......

Chauffeur Driver
    this is from the yamaha forum..yxz talk . com.... guy had his clutch go out.

"I ride flat deset riding-- just heard from my dealer-- clutch amd clutch plate are toast-- how-- nobody knows-- and to make matters even better Yamaha wont cover it-- and all parts are on backorder--
    Im on the phone with Yamaha rep right now letting him know my displeasure- Not only am I out a machine for my family trip to Glamis, now Im out money after 346 miles..Im listing it and going back to a belt drive-- so fucking pist."

I haven't had a problem with mine yet . I hope this is a isolated problem !

and another.

"I picked up my yxz on the 20th. The clutch burned on Friday the 23rd. 100 miles, 7.5 hrs. My dealer never mentioned parts on back order or not being covered under warranty. Now I'm worried."

even nate from alba has a burnt clutch,,

Attachment 1103

I haven't had a problem with mine yet . I hope this is a isolated problem !

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast