LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

900xp RZR 4 FRONT END ISSUE

Hope some one has experienced this..running along a fire road n chappy 45mph..I feel a pulling sensation right front to the right...continue it gets worse..n and out of 4x4 no difference. Feels like the front diff is locking up..Radio to cap and tow 25 miles..front end gets louder and thrashing my front tires..disconnect at cap kit a speed bump something pops and it frees up...I cannot recreate the issue...any ideas???Help.. Thanks for reading. .
    Formerly Rick Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by G Billy View Post
    Hope some one has experienced this..running along a fire road n chappy 45mph..I feel a pulling sensation right front to the right...continue it gets worse..n and out of 4x4 no difference. Feels like the front diff is locking up..Radio to cap and tow 25 miles..front end gets louder and thrashing my front tires..disconnect at cap kit a speed bump something pops and it frees up...I cannot recreate the issue...any ideas???Help.. Thanks for reading. .
    How many times has it happened ?? I had a rock or something get stuck in between the brake caliper and the wheel and it sound like everything was coming a part . When it happened I stopped , backed up looked around didn't see anything and it was fine the rest of the day. later when i was washing it i noticed rub marks on the inside of the wheel where something had been in the and scraped the inside of the wheel .

Sounds like it maybe could be the brake caliper sticking. On my first rzr I had a problem with a caliper sticking. From the factory the caliper slides were not lubricated on 1 caliper. I took the slides apart cleaned them up with Emory cloth and lubricated them with brake grease. I checked the other 3 and they were fine. I actually never felt it dragging I noticed it from the brake pads wearing uneven.

Try jacking it up and spinning the wheels. A broken cv or axle will feel the same way but hitting a bump would not fix that problem. Hitting a bump would cause a caliper to unstuck though.

Does kinda sound like front break Trouble

I have seen-em stick, Drag what-ever

Like Crazy said jack it up and check each wheel out

Will pull to one side if tire not inflated all the same as well

Had big rock get between CV joint and Frame on time pulled like hell to that side, but did not make any-noise

pretty hard to hear it if it did, cause of all the racket these things make
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

EPL This has happen only once..I'm going to take CW /BL'S advice..pull the wheels and do some inspecting for foreign objects. Change the oil look for parts..ck for a broken CV and hopefully runner...this scouting trip to Hat Creak I will only have the wife...the sh $$$ part is it ruined a new set of Mongrels. ..Dam it...

I have seen-em stick, Drag what-ever

Like Crazy said jack it up and check each wheel out

Will pull to one side if tire not inflated all the same as well

Had big rock get between CV joint and Frame on time pulled like hell to that side, but did not make any-noise

pretty hard to hear it if it did, cause of all the racket these things make
    Thanks guys for the ideas and direction
    Last edited by LBR; 08-14-2015 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Fix quote
    Formerly Rick Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by G Billy View Post
    EPL This has happen only once..I'm going to take CW /BL'S advice..pull the wheels and do some inspecting for foreign objects. Change the oil look for parts..ck for a broken CV and hopefully runner...this scouting trip to Hat Creak I will only have the wife...the sh $$$ part is it ruined a new set of Mongrels. ..Dam it...
    What ruined the Mongrels ??

Dragging them 25 miles on chappy roads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Formerly Rick Thompson

Just wondering Rick Did You check Wheel alignment?

They are not like a regular Car

I think the fronts toe-out and the rears toe in, at least on the older ones they do

Before you take it all apart

Put n on a flat surface where you can stand a ways from it and eyeball it

Can use a Tape to measure it as well

Hope this helps
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast