LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Getting separated on a ride.

I was looking at the high lakes ride and they lost some cars. Normally each car stops at the turn until the next car comes. Sometimes that doesn't happen. So my thought was to use the cheap white paper plates to mark the way like they do on a logging road with the mile markers. Pre run or the lead car mark the turns. Crazy and it might help with the slower cars. Plates a heavy marker and a staple gun just a thought maybe to help on a long woods ride.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

what about sit still till the next car pulls up next to you and you make eye contact and get a thumbs up from the driver before you proceed
    that's what I am going to start doing

Quote Originally Posted by drtfun View Post
    what about sit still till the next car pulls up next to you and you make eye contact and get a thumbs up from the driver before you proceed
    Nice Protocall right here. I stop for the car behind me whenever needed (as far as I know), but errored once to leave an intersection too early, even tho I assumed the driver had noticed.....was a lost half hour of our ride to regroup.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Nice Protocall right here. I stop for the car behind me whenever needed (as far as I know), but errored once to leave an intersection too early, even tho I assumed the driver had noticed.....was a lost half hour of our ride to regroup.
    3 of us had a nice siteseeing tour of Ocotillo Wells. ...lol
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harvey View Post
    I was looking at the high lakes ride and they lost some cars. Normally each car stops at the turn until the next car comes. Sometimes that doesn't happen. So my thought was to use the cheap white paper plates to mark the way like they do on a logging road with the mile markers. Pre run or the lead car mark the turns. Crazy and it might help with the slower cars. Plates a heavy marker and a staple gun just a thought maybe to help on a long woods ride.

This would work good on a prerun, but I have reservations about it in the heat of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    This would work good on a prerun, but I have reservations about it in the heat of a ride.
    I think it's worth a try. Maybe add a ribbon or something to get your attention and tell everyone to look for them. When i get to ride again I would like to test it with some friends go out 30 minutes ahead and see if they can find me.

Its happened to me on a ride I didn't know witch way they went. It works with log trucks keeps them on the right road and not run in to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harvey View Post

The problem with the plate thing is that we don't always pre ride a ride and for the lead car to stop and put one up each time would be a major pain .

Quote Originally Posted by drtfun View Post
    This is the best thing right here !! Most people what until the see the next person but the problem with that is that just because you see them doesn't mean they see you . If you what till there on your but or eye contact is made 99% of the time there won't be a problem.

Ed I like the idea if you were to pre run it and set it for a group ride
    But doing it the day of the ride I think after a while the person might get tired of unbuckling and buckling there harness

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast