LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensor tires.

Great report Russell !! I'm glad to hear your happy with the because I was planning on getting them for my 900 .

Good write up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by washrepair View Post
    My Tensor Tire Update , i went on 85 mile rally out of hawthorn NV. Started out with a 3 mile ride down the highway to the start line , Very quiet running down the highway no howling like the bighorns and handled more like a car, ( the bighorns would fight me a bit running down the highway ) Off the start line we had gravel road loose pebbles , the tires handled very well , i was pitching it sideways trying to lose control or break traction but the tires held the road , maybe a little too much ( with bighorns i could slide for days ) then we got into a dry creek bed with sand washes, heavy gravel and hidden rocks in bushes with very tight turns, never once did i underestimate the tire they pulled me out of the turns and wherever i pointed the car it was there. ( im running 13 psi ) Then we started climbing up a mountain side with switchbacks and full of rocks about 8-12" with sharp edges so im running a bit slower , low range 4-wheel drive , with the 30" tall tires im running over the rocks with ease, after we get off the mountain we got onto some open dirt road , well a lot of open dirt road, ran thru some mud, i stopped in the mud in two wheel drive , spun the tires and came right out ( it rained half the day on Friday and no dust all day ) then we got into some tight bushes with tight turns and rocks not heavy , i ran across two flat tires one buggy and one RZR , a pinched rear side wall on a bighorn ( iv been there ) so more open dirt roads , running down power line roads , then we get into some new trail covered in heavy bush ( an old trail that forest service let them use to reopen the trail ) lots of broken bush with sharp edges and were running over the top , a little hard to pick my way through , just following the broken bush trail, and then back out into open road , the rest of the day was the same tight trails and open roads , we had a lot of rocky trails this year , i did hit a couple hidden rocks, never stopped to check tires, if it was going flat ill change it. ( no flats ) This was my first ride with these tires and i am very happy and would recommend them. i checked the tires when i got back to the hotel, no cuts or bruises. im going to the UTV Invasion in Idaho, ill run the tires in the sand and give my report ( I compared them to bighorns because that's the only other tire i have used )

Thanks for the feedback on these tires! I have been eying them for when my stock Bighorns are shot. I don't think they will go the summer. I have just under 600 miles on them now and they show about 1/3 of the tread gone from the back tires. I noticed wear after the first 35 miles. We also do a few miles of each ride on pavement going from our garage to the dirt. I know the pavement really wears them, so nead a better tire for ride and wear in that aspect also. I too have been noticing the less than stellar cornering, so want to upgrade to a tire that will make a big difference. I also like the MotoCrawler, but they are hugely pricey. I will be interested to see how yours wear as well as knowing that they perform really well.

Proficient Driver
    Looks like these are what I'm looking for !

Washrepair , how did the tensor tires do on the ride in Idaho ?? Are you still happy with them ??

One advantage of the Tensor's is they are DOT rated. We tried to get into Yellowstone and all but Russell were denied entry because we didn't have DOT tires.
    Would of been awesome to drive around the park in RZR's.

Competent Driver
    AS soon as they come out with the 32" I will try out a set

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Russell what's your thoughts after the Idaho journey...
    I have been living on big horn time...lol...have over 6000 miles between both machines with the BH'S with 0 issues but I know one of these days I'm the one that will have a flat or split side wall with no spare..
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

The only negative report I have caught on these tires are they may not be in the top 5 for East coast guys because the tread is too tight.....the mud guys don't think they will clean as good as several they use now. To be expected for running 90% of the time in gumbo mud, one needs open tread to clean.

They sound like a good tire for us. Maybe we should have a Tire Pictorial Thread with closeups of our tire treads!... Lol....be curious to compare treads like Ed's 1K, Russell's Tensors, etc.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    One advantage of the Tensor's is they are DOT rated. We tried to get into Yellowstone and all but Russell were denied entry because we didn't have DOT tires.
    Would of been awesome to drive around the park in RZR's.
    Is it because of the steel belts that make them DOT approved??
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast