LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I love my 900XP! (be sure to get power steering!)

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    I love my 900XP! (be sure to get power steering!)
    Yep after talking with you and others this last week-end

Power Steering seems to be the Ticket
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

Well at least we got you talking about doing it.. Lol. If you're looking for new, wait until fall when the factories put out the rebates and incentives. If you're thinking 1000, check to make sure your trailer is long enough. If Yamaha does come out with a nice machine, it would be cool to see you sporting one of the first ones that is if you don't have a heart attack when you see the sticker price... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep prolly will get new, cause by the look of things does not seem people are asking a fair price for used

As a rule of thumb when it comes to these Cars. I believe any-thing used should sell for 50% less than new

I would sell mine for 50%- 70% less than I paid for it. So than if I sold it I would ask about $4,500.00

I know I could part it out for more. I prolly have $4500.00 in up-grades in it.

So just buy the up-grades and I throw the RZR in for Free and thats fair

Any-way will wait for all the new ones to come-out and prolly throw the ball this fall or winter

The only thing I am really starting to dis-like about Polaris is all the China Junk they use to build-em with

At least with a Japanese Car like Yamaha, There Quality is 10 times better Than China IMHO

Mark Twain

in 2015 they went back to the cheep plastic sprags in the front diff, too small a voltage regulator so most have had to replace it and some many times, the 15's seem to have many problems, but some people have had none...go figure. i realy think they need to make another new eng as this one hasnt had all that good of a track record.... and im sure if the next ones have more goodies well see 30k plus prices for all of 5,000 in material
    Dead man walking

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycat8 View Post
    in 2015 they went back to the cheep plastic sprags in the front diff, too small a voltage regulator so most have had to replace it and some many times, the 15's seem to have many problems, but some people have had none...go figure. i realy think they need to make another new eng as this one hasnt had all that good of a track record.... and im sure if the next ones have more goodies well see 30k plus prices for all of 5,000 in material
    Yep JC8

Always is they sacrifice quality for profit at our expense, polaris stock up over 1,500% since 08

It really sucks in this day and age, How-ever if we keep buying the chit they put out they will for a fact not make-em any different

Yep I have said since the begging that the pro-star is a piss-poor design compared to the other makes such as yamaha Apex Sled or the Z-1 sled

Really effed up when you have to buy a sled or Bike for a real good engine

I feel that the Kotex Engine in Can-Am is the best Engine installed on a Stock machine, There Trannys are build better as well IMO

If a person was to read all the problems polaris has with the RZR line-up

They would never get one including my-self

Glad I never did reed the stuff I am more of a picture person

They looked way-cool on the out side, just the in-side is junk and very cheaply-made Again for the profit

I will not Hype-em any-more

I will call it the way I see it

Mark Twain

A lot of it depends on what you consider "trails".
    To some people that means a 50" path that winds between trees taking many sharp corners and going over huge roots and rocks and ruts from 4x4 vehicles.
    To other people, "trails" are mildly bumpy service roads that are not paved with concrete or gravel, and about 10 feet wide.
    A 50" trail version of a RZR 900 might not fit on a super twisty 50" wide trail due to the long wheel base.

So while you have many choices, they are somewhat narrowed down by the terrain you ride the most of.

Are you still happy with your current machine?
    You're frugal, but want more power and better suspension, and power steering. You can spend some money to improve those things with your current machine, or you can spend a LOT more and get a new machine.

I'm still pretty happy with my 2010 S 800. I'm going to keep it until crap starts breaking faster than I can fix it.

If you're going to wait to see what comes out next, you'll wait forever.
    If you're wanting to avoid buying and then being eclipsed by the next model, it's not gonna happen.

So you gotta figure out what you want, buy it, and not worry about the rest.
    Last edited by Scoundrel; 07-16-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S (Now Deceased)
    2016 Yamaha Grizzly 700

not to far from me is a nice 50in trail park... but the problem with it is sxs are not alowed as they "claim " they tear it up more.
    Dead man walking

Some people followed me as I rode my 48" ACE (with wheel and tire upgrades that brought me out to 50.5") on some ATV trails. They said I had rear tires off the trail on many of the turns, and I scraped a few trees. So I can kinda see their point. These vehicles are getting wider and longer (and now narrower and longer), and the trails were designed with ATVs in mind. SxS vehicles are very new, in terms of trail life cycle. Eventually we'll get there, but for now we're the new kids and we're tearing up narrow trails. It's just the way it is.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S (Now Deceased)
    2016 Yamaha Grizzly 700

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Leo View Post
    Yep prolly will get new, cause by the look of things does not seem people are asking a fair price for used

As a rule of thumb when it comes to these Cars. I believe any-thing used should sell for 50% less than new

I would sell mine for 50%- 70% less than I paid for it. So than if I sold it I would ask about $4,500.00

I know I could part it out for more. I prolly have $4500.00 in up-grades in it.

So just buy the up-grades and I throw the RZR in for Free and thats fair

Any-way will wait for all the new ones to come-out and prolly throw the ball this fall or winter

The only thing I am really starting to dis-like about Polaris is all the China Junk they use to build-em with

At least with a Japanese Car like Yamaha, There Quality is 10 times better Than China IMHO

What people are asking and what they actually sell for are two entirely different things!

But if you don't like Polaris, how about a Turbo-Maverick?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast