LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What GPS

Quote Originally Posted by DLFoust View Post
    I use Backcountry Navigator on a 7" Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet & Use BobT's Maps for Hatfield McCoy/ Wv Trails
    Anyone know what the equivalent would be in the Apple format? I'd like to use my new i Phone the same way.

I have BCN on my phone and found one concession was that I didn't have all of the map grids loaded fully before loosing service in the desert...worked great until we got into an unloaded grid that wouldn't show....it still tracks OK tho, but just shows white gridding.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy3 7" today and will download BCN and more tonight . I got the 7" because it fits on the storage area door on the XP1000. Looking forward to getting out and trying it .

I use BCN on my Samsung cell phone. I will eventually do what Ed did and buy a tablet and mount it in the storage area in the dash. The great thing about the tablet is you get gps and can use it for music too. I am using an iPod now but it will be nice to have it all on one device.
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Ed, what are your plans for mounting the tablet? I was hoping someone would end up selling an install kit for doing this but haven't seen one yet. I can fabricate and come up with something. Just thought it would be easier if someone else did all the legwork to figure it out. Lol
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Quote Originally Posted by neil11975 View Post
    Ed, what are your plans for mounting the tablet? I was hoping someone would end up selling an install kit for doing this but haven't seen one yet. I can fabricate and come up with something. Just thought it would be easier if someone else did all the legwork to figure it out. Lol
    Ram is suppose to make some mounting brackets but I think I'm just going to velcro it to the door on the storage compartment . That way it will be down out of the way, shaded , and i'll still be able to use the storage compartment. May end up doing something different but going to try this first.

Will the tablet fit in that spot with a protective case on it?
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Beginning Driver
    The Mrs. and I have been caching for almost 3 years, but mostly in our local urban areas, so we use our phones with that app called c:geo that links to our geocaching.com account. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmp View Post
    The Mrs. and I have been caching for almost 3 years, but mostly in our local urban areas, so we use our phones with that app called c:geo that links to our geocaching.com account. Works great!
    Android, or i Phones?

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    Android, or i Phones?
    Lance and I both have the cgeo. app on our android phones and then we also have the gps for those times where the phones don't work well ...trees
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast