LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
    JC's right....2 things that start a pissin match on forums...which tire to get for the trailer and truck towing capacities!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywatson View Post
    Next I'll start a who's turbo is best thread.
    aint that the truth..... i can add one thing i did research , looked at reviews on the Hercules trailer tires got all 4 and in less ths 300 miles first one blew a side wall...tire store wouldnt cover it... at 1,000 miles second sidewall goes out...same thing tire store wouldnt cover , then at 3,000 miles another side wal with same sorry cant cover it. sent a certified letter to the tire store owner and a copy to Hercules tire company with photos of trailer and tires and milage ....with no contact i got a check in the mail with a full refund and asked if i could take it to a diff store and they would replace all 4 with a new set for free. so i did it and years later i now have a tire with a side wall bubble. and they were the top rated tire back in 06 when i got them. oh i tow my 25ft trailer with my smart car it only takes 5 miles to get to 55 and 2 to stop no problem as long as your going down hill and dont need to stop. who needs a truck
    Dead man walking

I put the Goodyear G614 tires on my trailer and have never looked back. The were spendy put don't feel I need to worry anymore.

Ran Hercules last time...lasted 3 years before the sun got the side walls..running master craft s now...

On my trailer I went thru 8 china bombs before I finally change tires my tires to the Goodyear G614's. One good thing was I caught each one before they blew up. My problem was I had a hard time finding tires that were any good to fit my trailer because the axles re so close . On a trailer forum everyone for the most part said to use the XPS rib or the G614. What I found out was that the Goodyear G614 235/85/16 when mounted is the same size as the 235/80/16 China bombs . Yes good tires are not cheap but neither is repairing your trailer when a tires blows up .

I'll have to check what our cargo trailer is running...a saving grace for us is the triple axle and weight is little less that 10,000#

Yeah I had $2500 in damage last tire I blew. I've seen much worse though.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Was that on the new hauler or the old on Steve
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

The old one. The new one has China bombs and I'm always on pins and needles. Last trailer we owned we blew 3 tires and I caught 1 before it blew. Everytime I stop now I inspect them all.

I carry an infrared gun in the truck now thanx to my buddy Brodie Bettendorf's regime. We fuel every half tank on long trips and I shoot all tires and brake drums each time while stretching the legs and making people go..."WTF is he doing?!!"

Last year I found a drum/rim center 30* higher than the other 5 on a short haul, so watched it closely. When home, I pumped extra grease into it before our 2300 mile SoCal run early this year...all 6 were equal temps throughout the whole trip after more grease.

While this may not catch China bombs, it is respectable data for awareness IMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast