LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best tires you can get for a hauler.

I'm going to change the tires on my hauler before Idaho. I want the best tires money can buy. My trailer came with China bombs and there close to e years old. I'm real lucky so far. After seeing Russell's trailer side get destroyed it reminded me of the time the same thing happened to me on China bombs less then a year old. So should I go with truck tires, better trailer tires or what?

The thing that worries me about truck tires is some told me trailer tires are designed to slide when you turn because there dual axle. I'm not sure about that? So what's the creme de la creme of trailer tires?

Im not crazy about the tires i just put on , and thinking the same thing , Ed had some nice tires on his trailer

I would go with a Commercial Tire like the BF Goodrich or Goodyear

I know name brand tires are costly, prolly around 200 buxs a pop

Commercial Truck Tires work great

I put Michelin on my Mo-Home, with no problems for the last 50k miles and they where 400 buxs a pop
    'It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.'

Mark Twain

We went with Hercules tires. Not sure who makes them, but our local Tire Pros dealer said they were a really good high rated tire for trailers, and the price was right.

Thanks I'll have to look at the Hurcules.
    I asked about the Goodyear trailer tire before and they said it was just as bad at the tire shop. What tires do you have Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by crazywatson View Post
    I'm going to change the tires on my hauler before Idaho. I want the best tires money can buy. My trailer came with China bombs and there close to e years old. I'm real lucky so far. After seeing Russell's trailer side get destroyed it reminded me of the time the same thing happened to me on China bombs less then a year old. So should I go with truck tires, better trailer tires or what?

The thing that worries me about truck tires is some told me trailer tires are designed to slide when you turn because there dual axle. I'm not sure about that? So what's the creme de la creme of trailer tires?
    yep trailer side walls are made differant i know many on here run truck tires but just the fact that insurance companys wont cover you if running truck tires and you can also get sited for it.... their is many sites to look at but im not going to start a flame war.
    Dead man walking

I went with BFG commercial TA's on my current trailer. They are a LT tire.
    If I was going to get a ST tire, I would go with Maxxis. Had them on my previous hauler and never had a problem.
    Went with the LT because of all the good things I read about them. ST tires also have a lower speed rating, like 60mph or something like that. I regularly tow around 70mph or more on long trips.

JC's right....2 things that start a pissin match on forums...which tire to get for the trailer and truck towing capacities!

Next I'll start a who's turbo is best thread.

Leo's leaf blower?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast