LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    I run the Dalton kit on 2 of the Rotaxes on stock primaries. They work good, but prolly something better out there.

More belt grip when needed is a great thing, but the other 90% of time when just cruising, it is clamping harder and creating unnecessary heat....next thing coming will either be computer controlled CVT or no rubber band to deal with. I highly endorse the later!
    you know lance, honda...nissian...and a few others make cvt for many cars but it uses a metal belt in a oil bath
    Dead man walking

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycat8 View Post
    you know lance, honda...nissian...and a few others make cvt for many cars but it uses a metal belt in a oil bath
    Agreed JC8...no more rubber band is my preference. We're waithing, Yamaha!

0-28mph ish is the heel. 29-55ish is the middle, and 56-80ish is the toe. More weight is less rpm and less weight is more rpm. Add and subtract to hit 8200 rpm as quickly as possible. The quicker you get it there without hitting the limiter and hold it there... the faster you will accelerate.
    Dead man walking

Good info JC. Seen you post that before and is helpful for tuning

Anybody have one of these that does a bunch of crawling/ any feedback heel kicker from those that do...mine likes killing belts when trying to slow crawl up steep rocks/terrain.
    Basically slipping cause of it trying to grab at 2500rpm or less with tons of load on some heavy tires...waiting for duraclutch to come.
    Will the heavy weight on the heels make it engage and grab hard enough at such a low rpm?

Here are a couple of pics of our new spacer for use with the HeelClicker Clutch Kit on models with the "high flow" cover, mainly the 2015

heel kicker 1.jpgheel kicker.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Anybody have one of these that does a bunch of crawling/ any feedback heel kicker from those that do...mine likes killing belts when trying to slow crawl up steep rocks/terrain.
    Basically slipping cause of it trying to grab at 2500rpm or less with tons of load on some heavy tires...waiting for duraclutch to come.
    Will the heavy weight on the heels make it engage and grab hard enough at such a low rpm?
    That is what I was reading, supposed to grip the belt tight and prevent slipping.

Ordered one today, and will give it a good test at Dunefest.
    I spoke with Randy and his wife Cindy who own the company today. They are both engineers with experience in the automotive industry, and appeared to know what they are talking about. They have been doing clutching for snowmobiles for a while and just entered the SXS market.
    If you are interested, give them a call and I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Was going to install the HC kit today, and found a primary roller starting to flat spot.
    Called the dealer to get replacements, and they said they no longer sell those parts and I would need to buy an entire clutch. Not happy as you can imagine!
    Anyone know where I can get replacement primary rollers?

This is ridiculous that Polaris will not sell replacements for wearable parts. Greed!

Yup I've been hearing that allot lately about buying a whole clutch. Such BS I think Alba Racing carries the parts. But I see on fb it looks like most of the crew is riding in Mexico. Probably be back on Monday or they have some unlucky soles that were left behind. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Checking on if the 900 rollers are the same. If they are, the dealers will sell them separately. Hoping they are interchangable.
    If anyone knows, please reply. I'm in a time crunch. Only have this next week to get it done before leaving for Dunefest.
    Will check with Alba...thanks Crazy!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast