LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

Thread: Knoxville CA

Knoxville CA

Has anyone ridden Knoxville CA? I want to check it out but I’m hearing mixed reviews. Looking for places I can ride out of camp from, and this spot looks good, but I’m worried about vandalism and theft from a few stories I’ve heard.

Would be nice if anyone could give me some first hand experience how the riding is and if a travel trailer would fit back in there. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 38sFinest View Post
    Has anyone ridden Knoxville CA? I want to check it out but I’m hearing mixed reviews. Looking for places I can ride out of camp from, and this spot looks good, but I’m worried about vandalism and theft from a few stories I’ve heard.

Would be nice if anyone could give me some first hand experience how the riding is and if a travel trailer would fit back in there. Thanks

I used to ride 45 years ago but I'm sure alot has changed since then !! I don't know where in the Bay Area you are but up here in Redding we have Chappi OHV park , it has a campground that you ride out of !!

You can also ride right from camp at Boca Reservoir (just east of Truckee) and Cisco Grove campground if you want hookups.

Thanks for the replies sorry to get back to it so late!
    I have ridden Chappie and LOVED it. Easily the best riding I’ve done yet. I have been to Boca twice now too and while I like that also, it’s so damn rocky and the lake is drained for maintenance to the dam for next few years. Also have ridden Cisco grove, that is fun as I have a cabin in Colfax and it’s an easy commute. The campground is currently shut down though, and so is the parking. We had to park on the side of the road. The sheriff saw us and didn’t make any mention of it. Just pulled into the brush to catch OHV riding on that road from the gas station.

EPL- in your opinion, 40 years ago, was Knoxville any rockier than Boca?