LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
    Tenderfoot Driver

Starting to plan for a new car. Turbo S or X3 XRS Opinions please.

Been running in the sand and off road in general for close to 40 years. Hill shooter dune cars and now SXS's. I am gonna buy one more of these things. One more. Now that I have the XP1K exactly they way I want it, with the suspension done by Ed, and have spent the usual amount of $ on it I figure it must be time to move up, LOL
    Horsepower has always been a drug I can't stay away from, I guess.
    I have narrowed it down to either a Polaris Turbo S or a X3. Two seats. We ride dunes and do a lot of desert running and general back country stuff. I don't run where width is a problem, we spend most of our time in northern Nevada and will be moving there in about 2 years.(sooner if I can wear my wife down and get her to retire). I have a pair of PRP seats that I had built for me with heat and Lumbar that will come out of the XP1k and go with me, PRP has a mounting kit that will put them in the Can Am should we go that way.
    I have sat in a few Can Ams and like the laid back driving position, I have back issues and it helps. I am tall from the waist up so line of sight is not a problem.
    I like the concept of the Dynamix but Polaris never seems to get the dang shock valving and spring rates right based on stories I read, and the Can Am may need help there too. Ed The Suspension guy built my current set up to allow for a plush ride but I can spin the knobs and run harder should I choose.
    I know a cage is a high priority on the Turbo S. How is the factory cage on the X3?
    Has Polaris put enough $ into the Turbo S that the trans bearing problem is rectified?
    Does the new Smart Lock front end on the X3 make the 4x4 more effective?
    Whatever we buy is probably going to be a brand new unit, looking to buy in the fall. I read rumors of a whole new car from Polaris but I would never buy a first year car from them again...my 14 has been trouble free other than 4 trips back to the dealer for recalls on the exhaust...Our eldest son just bought a new Turbo S XP4, it appears very nice. He has been in Reno for close to ten years and is on my case to go with another Polaris...I ain't so sure...

Would love to hear from you guys...

If you are interested in chatting, I will give you my personal view. Every side by side has it's pros and cons, and after working at and with our local Can-am dealer for over 11 years, and owning my X3 XRS since late 2016, I can point out a lot of these regarding the X3. Really not into posting a detailed post that can tend to be perceived as opinionated and start a bunch of forum drama. So feel free to give me a call!

Thanks, Don
    541-733-8887
    UTV Mods 4 U

IMG_3588.jpg
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Tenderfoot Driver
    Don I appreciate your response. I hope you will feel free to fire away or perhaps shoot me a pm and expound on your observations so I can refeer back to them later. I know none of them are perfect, I just want to start with something I can live with for 10 years or so. The seating position in the X3 is a huge deal, and it puts the Can Am the leader out of the gate.

Would love to hear from some of the other guys. I know most are out playing this weekend.

There’s some really good deals on 2019 Can Am X3 XRS right now, I’ve seen them here in Sacramento area for $22900 plus fees .
    I have a 2017 XDS 64”, it’s been a pretty good Buggy,but last couple of trips me and seems like everyone one else with a 64” has been breaking upper A Arms.
    For me I broke the first one in Arizona, I should of replaced all the A-Arms at that time, but I cheeped out and replaced the one with a stock one, then broke the other side
    Anyway back to your question XRS vs Turbo s if I was buying a new SXS today I would definitely have to go with the Turbo S I got a chance to ride back in a Turbo S XP4 (after my Can am broke) It was a lot quieter in the Turbo S , was thinking cause it was a 4 seater, but I also got a chance to drive a 2 seater Turbo S , Driving the two seater was even better than riding in the 4 seater as you can feel what the car is doing , for the small section I road the Turbo S on I tried all the suspension modes and you CAN feel the difference when switching from the different modes, plus I think the Ride Command is pretty cool with GPS and all the other stuff it does. If I got one it would probably be the Turbo S XP4.
    The Can Am is a pretty good car too, I do get tired of not being able to see so good out the front of the car, but that’s mostly in hilly areas or Rock Crawling, a little harder getting in and out of the X3 , but once you’re in it it’s comfortable, and everything is easy to get to. I look for both Polaris and Can Am to make some big changes for 2020 we just don’t know how big yet, but as far as the 2019’s IMO I would go with the Turbo S. What ever you get congrats on the new ride and build.

Tenderfoot Driver
    Thanks for your take Mike. Much appreciated. If memory serves Polaris has it's dealer meetings in July and announces their new stuff there so we will see. Rumors of a all new Rzr are out there for sure.