LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
    Beginning Driver

Trails & Rock Cruiser

Too many models, too little time.

Does anyone own or have experience with the RZR XP 1000 Trails & Rock Cruiser. I'd decided to buy a RZR XP 1000 Black Pearl and am still trending in that direction but my wife started a "build" on the Polaris web site for a Trails & Rocks. I gotta admit it's a nice lookin' buggy. It looks like Polaris moved the control arms up and out of the way of rocks and added a different tranny. I've never driven one nor do I think I even seen one. Who has? Wadja think?

Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post

Does anyone own or have experience with the RZR XP 1000 Trails & Rock Cruiser. I'd decided to buy a RZR XP 1000 Black Pearl and am still trending in that direction but my wife started a "build" on the Polaris web site for a Trails & Rocks. I gotta admit it's a nice lookin' buggy. It looks like Polaris moved the control arms up and out of the way of rocks and added a different tranny. I've never driven one nor do I think I even seen one. Who has? Wadja think?

Dudley
    You will be happy with it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post

Dudley
    You will be happy with it !!

Beginning Driver
    IMG_3991.jpg

I picked up my new buggy a couple of weeks ago and have set about accessorizing it. As a relatively new offering from Polaris, RZR XP 1000 Trails and Rocks Edition hasn’t gained momentum in the after-marketplace. While there’s tons of stuff available for RZR XP 1000’s, most of the aftermarket accessories make no reference to the T & R Edition. So, I thought I’d share my experiences with “trial and error” mods and accessories just in case someone out there has one of these rigs and is experiencing some of the same frustrations that I did. I ordered my rig pretty well loaded with OEM Polaris accessories so I could avoid the hassles of fitting the right aftermarket stuff but Polaris isn’t the “end all” for goodies.

WINDSHIELD
    Don’t buy the Polaris ½ windshield. It’s pretty but the distortion is horrible. I took it off after the first ride because I couldn’t discern whoops from dips. I bought a Heavy Duty Clear Non-Scratch Resistant Half Windshield from SuperATV. It’s very good quality and fits perfectly.

FENDER FLARES
    There are a lot of stream crossings and muddy bogs here in Nevada. The factory fenders are woefully inadequate. 30” wheels look like a 4th of July pinwheel as they sling mud and water. Much of that winds up all over the buggy and passengers. I bought Polaris RZR XP 1000 Fender Flares from SuperATV. Perfect fit!

DOOR BAGS
    No one offered door bags specifically for the T & R Edition but the Nelson Rigg RG-001U Black Gear Door Bag were a perfect fit. It was necessary to remove the outer door shell to access one of the attachment points but that was no big deal.

Dudley

Nice hot rod!

Quote Originally Posted by drtfun View Post
    Nice hot rod!
    Terry!?!?!? Great to hear from you!!!!

Hey Barry, have just been lurking around waiting for a dune trip to form.