LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

Yamahas and Rugged Radio. Engine Whine.

Those that have installed the radio and intercom in the yamaha, do you have a whine that gets louder as the RPM's go up?
    All the wires are ran correctly. Power wire directly to the battery. Not a single wire is touching any of the cars wires. I even purchased the power wire filter but I am still getting the engine whine. I don't hear it as much thru the intercom but car to car its bad. RR is at a loss on this one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Michale View Post
    Those that have installed the radio and intercom in the yamaha, do you have a whine that gets louder as the RPM's go up?
    All the wires are ran correctly. Power wire directly to the battery. Not a single wire is touching any of the cars wires. I even purchased the power wire filter but I am still getting the engine whine. I don't hear it as much thru the intercom but car to car its bad. RR is at a loss on this one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike.
    I would call Rugged Radio and see what they have to say , they are for the most part very helpful !!

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I would call Rugged Radio and see what they have to say , they are for the most part very helpful !!
    I have spent a couple hours on the phone with them already. We replaced wires, filters, installed grounds and so on. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Michale View Post
    Does this whine get higher pitched as well as louder as your RPMs increase? Could you associate it with your stator when accelerating?

If so, and the RR equipment have been choked/filtered properly, then a choke/filter on the machine's charging (stator) main line may help. Did RR work thru this idea with you at all?

Did you try or ask RR about an antenna noise suppressor , don’t know if they make or not, but worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Does this whine get higher pitched as well as louder as your RPMs increase? Could you associate it with your stator when accelerating?

If so, and the RR equipment have been choked/filtered properly, then a choke/filter on the machine's charging (stator) main line may help. Did RR work thru this idea with you at all?
    Yes the whine gets louder and the pitch gets higher. It’s a 19 if that makes any difference. No RR hasn’t mentioned installing a filter on the machine itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Did you try or ask RR about an antenna noise suppressor , don’t know if they make or not, but worth a try.
    The antenna is grounded to the frame and the coaxial isn’t touching any other wires but I will ask them about a filter for that tomorrow