LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    When my RZR caught on fire it was the plastic 90 at the fuel rail and the fuel rail was still perfect !! In my opinion there reason people started blaming the fuel rail is because when there was a fire the fuel rail was still there and was coming apart but that was because of the fire . The plastic 90 was burned so they didn't see that it had broke . When the Polaris investigator that came to my house to inspect my rzr after the fire since it didn't burn to the ground came up with the same conclusion !!
    Well the reason I came to the conclusion that the fuel rail is faulty is because I actually saw it 1st hand in my shop when I started up a car to move it I noticed it was running kind of goofy and that's where I noticed a strong fuel smell and saw fuel dripping off the exhaust header on to the ground, Either way the system isn't I 100% bulletproof the only way for it to be bulletproof is a billet rail, steel braided line with AN fittings that's threaded into the rail and also is threaded into the fuel pump itself but you can't do that because it's plastic.

Now there is a company that makes a billet housing that supports the fuel pump in the tank and you can thread fittings into it as well but that part is like $800 I've yet to find somebody that wants to spend that kind of money

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    Well the reason I came to the conclusion that the fuel rail is faulty is because I actually saw it 1st hand in my shop when I started up a car to move it I noticed it was running kind of goofy and that's where I noticed a strong fuel smell and saw fuel dripping off the exhaust header on to the ground, Either way the system isn't I 100% bulletproof the only way for it to be bulletproof is a billet rail, steel braided line with AN fittings that's threaded into the rail and also is threaded into the fuel pump itself but you can't do that because it's plastic.

Now there is a company that makes a billet housing that supports the fuel pump in the tank and you can thread fittings into it as well but that part is like $800 I've yet to find somebody that wants to spend that kind of money

I see where your coming from , your the first person that can acually tell me they saw the fuel leak from the fuel rail !! I can see why you havn't found anyone to you with the full billet fuel system !! I still feel the fuel line that has the AN fitting on the top is a good preventive measure because if that 90 breaks the fuel drop straight down on to the hot engine !!

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I see where your coming from , your the first person that can acually tell me they saw the fuel leak from the fuel rail !! I can see why you havn't found anyone to you with the full billet fuel system !! I still feel the fuel line that has the AN fitting on the top is a good preventive measure because if that 90 breaks the fuel drop straight down on to the hot engine !!
    I agree with you on the Steel braided fuel line and fitting it is a good improvement.

The leak that I saw coming from the rail was on the laughable soldered ends facing the header and it actually was cracked and that being under pressure was spraying right on the exhaust header

Now this is a 100% bulletproof system but the question is do people want to spend the money for it as you can notice the billet cap that sits on top of the fuel pump...it's all AN fittings and high pressure lines

Now this is a 100% bulletproof system but the question is do people want to spend the money for it as you can notice the billet cap that sits on top of the fuel pump...it's all AN fittings and high pressure lines

That would probably do the trick !!

Awesome looking set but think is way out of my price range .

Man that fuel system is nice! It makes it easy to put in a bigger pump.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywatson View Post
    Man that fuel system is nice! It makes it easy to put in a bigger pump.

It's definitely the ultimate in fuel systems..
    But costly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123