LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Driver

New to this forum

Hey folks, brand new to this forum, some may know me from other forums.
    My name is Jim (Steele) Cooney, been a desert rat for the past 20+ of my 60 years on this crazy world.
    Started out like I'm sure many of us did back in the seventies riding dirt bikes. Eventually led to my 1st professional sponsorship which led to me being picked up by Husqvarna in '74. Race professionally for a little over 3 years and then bam, left leg broke in 4 pieces and knee destroyed. After 5 surgeries and almost 2 years of physical rehab I got back on the bike but I'd lost my edge. Lost by sponsorships also.
    So I spent the past 30 some years working for a living. Heavy equipment operator for 33 years, both as a Union and non Union employee and the past 11 years as a business owner. I'm selling my business after the 1st of the year and retiring. Plan on getting back into racing. Already spoke to 2 of my sponsors and both are willing to give me a shot again. As soon as I'm ready tell rent me track time at Firebird and evaluate how crazy I still am.
    Got the itch by going the King of the Hammers last year. Bought myself '18 X3 Xrc Turbo R almost 3 months ago.
    Dam I thought owning Harley's was expensive, I've spent over 10 grand in the last 3 months and haven't even begun to do any performance, shock therapy or frame upgrades.
    Bottom line even stock this car is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. And I've certainly missed having a project car to gear on.
    I escaped from work yesterday and about a 1/2 dozen of us took the trip from Lake Pleasant up the Hill to Crown King. Good times. I have a short 3 minute video of the trip that I can share but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to because I'm a "newbie".
    Anyways, looking forward to meeting you guys on the trail. After the 1st the year my schedule be pretty much wide open if I'm not gearing on the machine.

Welcome to the forum Jim !!

Welcome to the forum, sounds like your one of us !

New to this forum

Welcome to the forum, from Lincoln Ca.

PS: share the video

Welcome to the site! Its great to see you here, too!

As I mentioned the other day, we will be bumping into each other somewhere soon....you would fit right into our SoCal/AZ March Madness tours and it's close to your Home-20.

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Welcome to the Crazies

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Newbie Driver

Lake Pleasant to Crown King adventure video

Here's a 3 minute summary of our trip from Lake Pleasant to Crown King a couple days ago. The link expires in 24 hours, if the initial timeframes has expired, PM me and I'll post a new link.

First time I used the (cheap but free from BRP promo) Chinese version of a GoPro. I downloaded the video's last night. Once I get the better trail & rock crawling videos edited, maybe I'll create a new post under Members Rides or whatever the proper section is on this forum.
    Until then, here you go:
    https://vault.myvzw.com/webcs/app/sh...ite/wQzGE5wV6j

Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    Here's a 3 minute summary of our trip from Lake Pleasant to Crown King a couple days ago. The link expires in 24 hours, if the initial timeframes has expired, PM me and I'll post a new link.

First time I used the (cheap but free from BRP promo) Chinese version of a GoPro. I downloaded the video's last night. Once I get the better trail & rock crawling videos edited, maybe I'll create a new post under Members Rides or whatever the proper section is on this forum.
    Until then, here you go:
    https://vault.myvzw.com/webcs/app/sh...ite/wQzGE5wV6j

Thanks for posting the great pictures !!

Newbie Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, from Lincoln Ca.

PS: share the video
    Here's one more, stuck behind that Kawasaki who apparently couldn't figure out how to lock in his front differential:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti5g36ab0l...5_013.MP4?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    Here's one more, stuck behind that Kawasaki who apparently couldn't figure out how to lock in his front differential:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti5g36ab0l...5_013.MP4?dl=0
    That trail looks cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast