LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Concealed Carry Gun

Once in a blue moon, I will post up a HELP ME thread on a subject I know nothing about and need experienced recomendations....TaDaaaa, this is one of those threads.

BLR and I are presenting our case to the county sheriff for our CC license later this month and expect to get licensed then. Looking for opinions of gun make/models to check into...I know nothing about pistols except slide-bite hurts like the dickens. The smaller, the better because I know if it is too bulky for either of us, it will get left on the kitchen counter instead of packed.

What do you recommend??......own and pack??......would prefer to have rather than your present one??....features to have with one??......etc??

I have a karr p380 that I carry when I do. also have a clock 26 stubby that I like (9mm) . I like the karr better for everyday carry because I can carry it in my pocket and done really know its there.

If you ever have to pull it, you'll be praying that you can hit what you shoot at. Get whatever feels good in your hand, and then practice, practice, practice. Even practice pulling it, loading it, etc. with the gun empty! I'm not a fan of the .380, because it is notoriously underpowered. I have a Ruger SR .40C, and a Springfield XD Tactical in .45 (I admit, the XD is very heavy and difficult to carry comfortably).

This is a result of Lance shooting a gun and his slide bite.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    If you ever have to pull it, you'll be praying that you can hit what you shoot at. Get whatever feels good in your hand, and then practice, practice, practice. Even practice pulling it, loading it, etc. with the gun empty! I'm not a fan of the .380, because it is notoriously underpowered. I have a Ruger SR .40C, and a Springfield XD Tactical in .45 (I admit, the XD is very heavy and difficult to carry comfortably).

Barry now you sound like Tim . I can tell you for a fact that when you stick a 380 in someone's face you really don't have to worry about the power for the most part , he stopped dead in his track's.

maybe a hammerless S&W 38
    thats what my mom carrys no slide bite and no jams she loves it

and like Barry said whatever feels good and fits your hand

Lance seems more like a sling shot hanging out of his back pocket type.

I have a Beretta 40cal - its a little bulky even for a subcompact. However, Its a smooth gun to shoot. I've been looking at at Kahr 40 cal as a more concealable alternative. Bridge has a .380 S&W that works very well for her - but its a little too small for my hands. When ammunition was a problem we had a hell of time getting 380, 40 cal was pretty easy to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywatson View Post
    Lance seems more like a sling shot hanging out of his back pocket type.
    I think your correct Steve !!

45 does the trick for me..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast