LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywatson View Post
    Call me crazy but you would think the last thing Polaris would want to be known for is "Blowing Tranny's" if you know what I mean ;-)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    That's why we call you CRAZY bro.

I change my oil regularly and look for any signs of metal , caught my 900 in time that way !!

Well in most all cases there is no warning,the bearing just let's go,no matter how many times you change your oil.

I change the oil in my 900 Religiously and never saw any signs of anything happening and then one day it exploded out by the super bowl at SM.
    All I'm trying to say is just get it done before it's too late and you end up spending 3k on a transmission And that's not even including labor.
    Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I change my oil regularly and look for any signs of metal , caught my 900 in time that way !!

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    Well in most all cases there is no warning,the bearing just let's go,no matter how many times you change your oil.

I change the oil in my 900 Religiously and never saw any signs of anything happening and then one day it exploded out by the super bowl at SM.
    All I'm trying to say is just get it done before it's too late and you end up spending 3k on a transmission And that's not even including labor.

Sounds like preventive matanence is the smart way to go here .

I planning on doing my 1000 this summer but with the fire don't think I'm going to have to do it !!

New transmission just showed up,not taking any chances, installing new bearings and that's one problem he won't have to worry about.

New transmission just showed up,not taking any chances, installing new bearings and that's one problem he won't have to worry about.

Sounds like the smart thing to do!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tech tip, Pull your axles out of the rear diff, And coat the splines with anti-seize, You will thank me later when you have to replace an axle out on the trail and it won't come out due to the corrosion build-up.

Tech tip, Pull your axles out of the rear diff, And coat the splines with anti-seize, You will thank me later when you have to replace an axle out on the trail and it won't come out due to the corrosion build-up.

That is a very good tip , it will make things easier on or off the trail !!

Thanks for this great tip , it would have really helped me about a year ago . I'm going to do mine this weekend .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast