LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
    Tenderfoot Driver

XPT engine and trans into a 2014 XP???

So it is raining today, and I am pondering the future.
    I am sorta planning to upgrade my current ride, a 2014 XP, to one of the new wundercars in a couple of years. I rode in a X3 last weekend and liked it a lot. Would need to get some decent seats and have Ed at pound sand tweak the shocks, but with the HP that thing makes I can see it being my ride for the rest of my active days. (will be 62-3ish when it happens)
    I think it is a safe bet that in the next 2 model years we are going to see some new rides, and some major refinements on existing machines. Exciting to think about. The one thing I need is about 2 inches more legroom, and that Can Am has it. I am 6-4 and not a small guy, I cant wear regular boots in the XP without setting the, "gas and brake on at same time" code in my car.
    But then I start thinking.
    I've already got good seats in my XP.
    I've had the shocks done new fronts and reworked rears.

Just spitballing here...I wonder....could a guy source a engine, trans, ecm, etc from a 2015+ XPT and swap it into the 2014?
    It would probably make sense to try to buy an entire wrecked car to make sure you get everything you need. I know it would be a lot of work, but when all is said and done would the bang be worth the buck?
    With these things knocking on 30k out the door, and my 2014 being paid for, I cant help but wonder if it makes sense to consider this
    This sorta comes from my last ride, I sold a 2008 Teryx with a full on Cognito Long travel kit, twisted stitch seats, stereo, etc etc and lost my behind on it. This is something I don't wanna do again, and why the only upgrades Ive done to the '14 are those necessary to actually use the dang thing.
    I also know that in two years the 2018 X3 that is now the hot ticket will be out there for sale, used, with a ton of $ in extras, and maybe I can be on the winning side of one of these deals, LOL.
    If I thought it was gonna be the keeper....I wouldn't be so gun shy as it were.
    Opinions and thoughts?

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    So it is raining today, and I am pondering the future.
    I am sorta planning to upgrade my current ride, a 2014 XP, to one of the new wundercars in a couple of years. I rode in a X3 last weekend and liked it a lot. Would need to get some decent seats and have Ed at pound sand tweak the shocks, but with the HP that thing makes I can see it being my ride for the rest of my active days. (will be 62-3ish when it happens)
    I think it is a safe bet that in the next 2 model years we are going to see some new rides, and some major refinements on existing machines. Exciting to think about. The one thing I need is about 2 inches more legroom, and that Can Am has it. I am 6-4 and not a small guy, I cant wear regular boots in the XP without setting the, "gas and brake on at same time" code in my car.
    But then I start thinking.
    I've already got good seats in my XP.
    I've had the shocks done new fronts and reworked rears.

Just spitballing here...I wonder....could a guy source a engine, trans, ecm, etc from a 2015+ XPT and swap it into the 2014?
    It would probably make sense to try to buy an entire wrecked car to make sure you get everything you need. I know it would be a lot of work, but when all is said and done would the bang be worth the buck?
    With these things knocking on 30k out the door, and my 2014 being paid for, I cant help but wonder if it makes sense to consider this
    This sorta comes from my last ride, I sold a 2008 Teryx with a full on Cognito Long travel kit, twisted stitch seats, stereo, etc etc and lost my behind on it. This is something I don't wanna do again, and why the only upgrades Ive done to the '14 are those necessary to actually use the dang thing.
    I also know that in two years the 2018 X3 that is now the hot ticket will be out there for sale, used, with a ton of $ in extras, and maybe I can be on the winning side of one of these deals, LOL.
    If I thought it was gonna be the keeper....I wouldn't be so gun shy as it were.
    Opinions and thoughts?
    I've already done it for a customer..the XPTs came out in 16, I used the 15 transmission that was already in his car, parts needed..the guage cluster,wiring harness,fuel sending unit,rubber intake tube from airbox to turbo,complete engine header...you get the picture

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk