LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Thanks for sharing all the cool pictures Ben..
    So much to see if you get off the beaten path.

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Tenderfoot Driver
    Ben....I have been looking at that area out of Lovelock for a long time as a target, and Winemucca Dunes area as well.
    Did the Ranger happen to suggest any camping areas out in or near the places out of Lovelock? Would like a safe place to leave our trucks and trailers, there is enough out there to keep you running for several days to see it all.

Feel free to PM if you prefer.
    I spent most evenings last winter reading various books and studying other resources, I now have enough places to see in northern and north central Nevada to last me the rest of my life, LOL. Just gotta be careful putting out directions and such..some are only in decent shape due to their remoteness...the damn vandals...drive me nuts.

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    Ben....I have been looking at that area out of Lovelock for a long time as a target, and Winemucca Dunes area as well.
    Did the Ranger happen to suggest any camping areas out in or near the places out of Lovelock? Would like a safe place to leave our trucks and trailers, there is enough out there to keep you running for several days to see it all.

Feel free to PM if you prefer.
    I spent most evenings last winter reading various books and studying other resources, I now have enough places to see in northern and north central Nevada to last me the rest of my life, LOL. Just gotta be careful putting out directions and such..some are only in decent shape due to their remoteness...the damn vandals...drive me nuts.
    Matter of fact we passed by a spot that makes a great camp site,it looked like you could fit quite a few trailers there,I was thinking of camping there one of these times, from Fearnley you would head to Lovelock and then go North there is a gravel road that is maintained very well and it's about 15 to 20 miles outside Lovelock,I'll find out from Paul exactly where the spot is on the map and post it on here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    If you want to have the whole place to yourself, Keep driving past the main entrance that's right off of 95 for a few miles look for sand pass road make a left it turns into a gravel road drive approximately 7 miles and that puts you on the backside And from there you have all the privacy you could imagine

I see you are running your skats on your X3 there. Any issues or concerns with the terrain? I was advised that it is pretty rocky and not to run paddles. Looks like you did fine. We are looking at going there and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Crackerjack Driver Controlled Force's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick4me View Post
    I see you are running your skats on your X3 there. Any issues or concerns with the terrain? I was advised that it is pretty rocky and not to run paddles. Looks like you did fine. We are looking at going there and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    You really don't need paddles, there's nothing there that's that big to climb to benefit sand tires, I hardly saw any rocks it's nothing compared to Sand Mountain,when I go back I'm gonna be running my dirt tires.. And depending where you want to camp you can take the 1st staging area that is right off the freeway Or you can go to the place I went to either way The town of Winnamucca is just a stone throw away

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Force View Post
    You really don't need paddles, there's nothing there that's that big to climb to benefit sand tires, I hardly saw any rocks it's nothing compared to Sand Mountain,when I go back I'm gonna be running my dirt tires.. And depending where you want to camp you can take the 1st staging area that is right off the freeway Or you can go to the place I went to either way The town of Winnamucca is just a stone throw away
    Awesome! Thanks for your feedback.
    MINE:
    2017 Maverick X3 X rs TURBO R Gold & Red
    WIFES:
    2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX Limited
    www.dstechnologiesllc.net/utvmods4u/

Tenderfoot Driver
    Awesome, thanks Ben.
    We are plotting a trip out past Sand Mountain to do some serious exploring next fall, I will make sure you get the word when we nail the dates down. You'd be welcome to join us, and I think based on your posts here you'd love it. Lots to see out there for sure...I think we are going to do a trip to West Walker River Resort this summer, then the exploration trip in the fall. I will try to schedule the Lovelock area for next spring. There is s ton to see out there too. Maybe do a 3 day weekend at the Lovelock Area then move up to Winemucca next. That camp spot you found looks perfect...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910