LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Octoberfest UTV Crazy style !! Oct 11th - 21st !!

I'm planning an Octoberfest UTV style ride to Dove springs !! The dates are Oct 11th - 21st !!

!) EPL
    2) BLR / LBR
    3) Batman
    4)
    5)
    6)

30 days has September, April, June and November. 31 have all the rest, except October which has 234!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaBaz View Post
    30 days has September, April, June and November. 31 have all the rest, except October which has 234!!
    ! was using Barbs calendar !! LOL

Super Moderator The Rattler (BLR)'s Avatar
    Looking forward to Nightmare Canyon..
    Although I don't think it will be as bad as the go around trail was..haha

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Looking forward to Nightmare Canyon..
    Although I don't think it will be as bad as the go around trail was..haha

Sent from BLR Logistics
    From the video's I have watched we went on worse trails trying to find it !!

Add cowgirlt and Stetson please!

Octoberfest UTV Crazy style !!
    I'm planning an Octoberfest UTV style ride to Dove springs !! The dates are Oct 11th - 21st !!

!) EPL
    2) BLR / LBR
    3) Batman
    4) Stetson and Cowgirlt
    5)
    6)

I just seen this today on FB Explorers of the Mojave..
    Nightmare Gulch

Kevin this was supposed to be a temp closure and believe that was in the fall of 2013. Repeated attempts to get in touch with the local ranger and the regional manager have not been very successful into getting to know why the canyon was closed to vehicle traffic or when it will re-open to the same. In late 2015 we MTB'ed down the canyon and there were some areas where the canyon wall had slid down but there was not full blockage as we could still ride through it on our MTB's. Not passable to vehicles but something that could be remedied in short order. 4wd high clearance will still be required when and if this blockage ever gets cleared. At this time of yr there is closure of the area due to raptor nesting. For some reason these birds can procreate in the middle of a major city with no problem but in Red Rock they need "peace and quiet" and for humans to not be present. You will have to google to find when this time period is over. However, with that said, if you come in through the Last Chance side of Nightmare you can hike pretty much all the way through it, just don't wander into the open area at the opposite end of Last Chance as that is the raptor nesting area. Link to the temporary closure. https://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/631/f...2010-22-13.pdf

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I just seen this today on FB Explorers of the Mojave..
    Nightmare Gulch

Kevin this was supposed to be a temp closure and believe that was in the fall of 2013. Repeated attempts to get in touch with the local ranger and the regional manager have not been very successful into getting to know why the canyon was closed to vehicle traffic or when it will re-open to the same. In late 2015 we MTB'ed down the canyon and there were some areas where the canyon wall had slid down but there was not full blockage as we could still ride through it on our MTB's. Not passable to vehicles but something that could be remedied in short order. 4wd high clearance will still be required when and if this blockage ever gets cleared. At this time of yr there is closure of the area due to raptor nesting. For some reason these birds can procreate in the middle of a major city with no problem but in Red Rock they need "peace and quiet" and for humans to not be present. You will have to google to find when this time period is over. However, with that said, if you come in through the Last Chance side of Nightmare you can hike pretty much all the way through it, just don't wander into the open area at the opposite end of Last Chance as that is the raptor nesting area. Link to the temporary closure. https://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/631/f...2010-22-13.pdf

Sent from BLR Logistics
    I
    think we have been on all but a small section of Nightmare with the riding we did !!

I agree, and I think we hit some of the best

Sent from BLR Logistics
    Don't Run Out Of Talent

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast