LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    How advanced of a driver should you be . This will be new to me and maybe share what one should bring as far as camping and Reparations for the ride setting up your sxs etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cab Driver
    Rubicon August 17th evening, 18th, 19th

1) neil11975
    2) kbachell
    3) Airbus899
    4) lainracing
    5)
    6)

Cab Driver
    It is a slow moving run. If you love running 40mph on dirt roads, but don't like slow technical trails that often require teamwork (people spotting and directing your moves through the rocks, as well as stacking rocks, in places, to help ramp up and down), this is not the trip for you. There will be lots of combined experience, Neil, Ben and I, along with others yet to sign up, to help, so it will be challenging and LOTS of fun. Not required, but for example, I carry a belt, along with necessary tools for changing, several of us will have compressed air and tire plugs, quart of oil, battery jumpbox, rags, lug socket/wrench, first aid kit, shovel, hatchet, Rugged Radio (or similar HAM radio), and, since I drive a RZR, a fire extinguisher... lol. Pack a bathing suit and towel to swim/wash off @ buck island reservoir Saturday, usual camping equip (tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, chair, flashlight, etc). Won't need extra fuel (round trip is less than 40 miles if we do the whole trail from end to end). There are pit toilets along the trail and near campsite on Saturday, and 10-15 minute walk from campsite on Friday night. There are no other services available on the trail. No trash receptacles, Starbucks, or 7-11 so you need to provide everything you might need, like food, toilet paper, etc and haul out all trash generated. Latecomers can arrive on Saturday and one of us will guide them in Saturday morning around 8:00am.

Cab Driver
    Neil, what do we need to do as far as vehicle setup?

Rubicon August 17th evening, 18th, 19th

1) neil11975
    2) kbachell
    3) Airbus899
    4) lainracing
    5)
    6)

The following has worked great for Ben and me. Crank your spring compression down as far as you can get it. You want as much ground clearance as possible. I usually end up with about 14 inches in my 4 seater after it's loaded with gear. Just remember to clean the threads very well on your shock body before adjusting. Turn your rebound knobs on the shocks to full hard. That will keep you from banging as much when your tires drop off the rocks. Disconnect your sway bar completely. You will need as much flex as you can get. It makes a huge difference. Lastly, take off your fenders and leave them at home.

As far as gear, Ken pretty much laid it out perfectly. But, I would say if we can split up some of the stuff, we should do it for weight savings. We don't need 4 BBQ's and 7 air compressors.

It is intimidating at the beginning, but 15 minutes into it, you will wonder why you didn't do the trail sooner.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Airbus899 View Post
    count the January’s in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you bring Jason, you may set the record for the youngest person in a side by side on the rubicon.

2014 RZR XP4 1000

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I would love to go but I'm not good at roughing it !!
    Ed I found your tent ⛺️

Quote Originally Posted by neil11975 View Post
    If you bring Jason, you may set the record for the youngest person in a side by side on the rubicon.

Heck yah Jason is going

Quote Originally Posted by Airbus899 View Post
    Ed I found your tent ⛺️

You bring it out and set it up for me Ben and i'll come !!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast