LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbachell View Post
    All loaded except for my ice chest. I have my springs jacked up, nut not quite as high as jeepalive. I have high clearance lower arms and about 17.5-18 inches clearance at the belly with 32" tires, fully loaded except people and ice chest food, but I was trying to also keep the axle joints from maxing out their angles so I didn't crank it all the way up. What do you guys think?
    Think that should be good.
    I’m sitting at 17 front and 16.5 rear with 30” tires at 5psi. I’ll have 3 other bigger adults with me and our stuff so I’m hoping it will lower down some when we get to the trail all loaded.

Cab Driver
    IMG_0233[1].jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepalive View Post
    Think that should be good.
    I’m sitting at 17 front and 16.5 rear with 30” tires at 5psi. I’ll have 3 other bigger adults with me and our stuff so I’m hoping it will lower down some when we get to the trail all loaded.
    Thanks! I don't know how you guys adjust these springs in a timely manner... My original tool is really hard to use on the front, particularly on the driver's side. I took 45 minutes and made a tool that I use with a 3/8" extension and ratchet wrench and now I can turn it 1/2 turn at a time.

IMG_0233[1].jpg Thanks! I don't know how you guys adjust these springs in a timely manner... My original tool is really hard to use on the front, particularly on the driver's side. I took 45 minutes and made a tool that I use with a 3/8" extension and ratchet wrench and now I can turn it 1/2 turn at a time.
    The rears were easy and the passenger front but I sent over an hour doing the driver front before I just pulled it off and did it that way because I couldn’t use the tool. But what I do is compress the springs and then I can turn the top by hand.

Rubicon August 17th evening, 18th, 19th
    1) jeepalive
    2) kbachell
    3) Airbus899
    4) Bajaw
    5) Pipelayer
    6)

IMG_0233[1].jpg Thanks! I don't know how you guys adjust these springs in a timely manner... My original tool is really hard to use on the front, particularly on the driver's side. I took 45 minutes and made a tool that I use with a 3/8" extension and ratchet wrench and now I can turn it 1/2 turn at a time.
    I don’t use any tools.... except to loosen up the lock ring. I blow off the threads with air, brush threads with toothbrush, WD40 the very bottom of the spring where it touches the plate. Then rotate the springs which move the collar down. Adjusted all 4 in about 1-1-5 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    Ben, I’ll call you guys around 6 or seven and get a plan to hook up with you guys.

Sounds good Jeff

Cab Driver
    Heads up guys... slight change of plans that shouldn't negatively affect anyone (actually, I think it will make the ride better!!), but just wanted to let everyone know that we are tossing around the idea of NOT staying at Buck Island, but rather, continuing through the trail, up Cadillac Hill and then turning around somewhere beyond (perhaps depending upon the time of day at this point) and going back to camp at Rubicon Springs Saturday evening. There is a $15 fee, per vehicle, at the springs and they have pit toilets. The reasoning for the change is that SxS's move relatively quickly through Rubicon, compared to a Jeep or other full-sized vehicle, so this will keep us occupied for longer, and give more the the "Rubicon Experience" to the newbies that may not have been through the complete trail. Let me know what you think.

Cab Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbus899 View Post
    I don’t use any tools.... except to loosen up the lock ring. I blow off the threads with air, brush threads with toothbrush, WD40 the very bottom of the spring where it touches the plate. Then rotate the springs which move the collar down. Adjusted all 4 in about 1-1-5 hours

This new tool got all four adjusted in 15 minutes... well... after taking 45 minutes to make the tool... I just cleaned the threads, and used some of my Gun Cleaning/Lubricating spray and then spun them down with my "crows foot" with a floor jack lifting the vehicle to relieve pressure from the spring.

Heads up guys... slight change of plans that shouldn't negatively affect anyone (actually, I think it will make the ride better!!), but just wanted to let everyone know that we are tossing around the idea of NOT staying at Buck Island, but rather, continuing through the trail, up Cadillac Hill and then turning around somewhere beyond (perhaps depending upon the time of day at this point) and going back to camp at Rubicon Springs Saturday evening. There is a $15 fee, per vehicle, at the springs and they have pit toilets. The reasoning for the change is that SxS's move relatively quickly through Rubicon, compared to a Jeep or other full-sized vehicle, so this will keep us occupied for longer, and give more the the "Rubicon Experience" to the newbies that may not have been through the complete trail. Let me know what you think.
    Sounds good!

This new tool got all four adjusted in 15 minutes... well... after taking 45 minutes to make the tool... I just cleaned the threads, and used some of my Gun Cleaning/Lubricating spray and then spun them down with my "crows foot" with a floor jack lifting the vehicle to relieve pressure from the spring.
    Dang that is fast!! U should make another one of those tools Ken & sell it to me. Lol

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast