LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy

Weighed my truck and trailer today.

How many of you have actually weighed your rigs at a scale? I weighed my set up with the rzr loaded forward first, then backwards, and then weighed the truck only. Surprisingly the rzr only added 80 lbs to the pin when loaded backwards. I learned a few things. First, I don't know how anyone with a larger 2 axle trailer can stay within the ratings with all of their stuff with a SXS inside. Mine is a 45 ft. Seismic with 3 axles and a 16 ft. garage. The trailer weighed. 17820 with most of the stuff we carry for camping. The trailer is rated @ 19000 lbs. If I fill up the water (132 gallons) I would be about 40 lbs overweight. My pin weight was 3500 lbs. which is about 20% of the trailer total. It is recommended to be about 25%. I found a really cool calculator online that helps you figure everything out and tells you how close you are to all of the different ratings of the truck and trailer. If you haven't weighed your stuff yet, it would be a good idea.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by neil11975; 02-05-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Here are the weight tickets

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2014 RZR XP4 1000

Cab Driver
    Yeah... I weighed my motorhome, loaded and ready to go, on the way to Oregon, with my trailer loaded with sidebysides and quads. 25,940 lbs total (19,600 on the motorhome and the remaining on my trailer axles). Almost wish I had not weighed... I was sure it did not weigh that much!

I keep thinking about weighing mine but I'm afraid of what I may find out !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kbachell View Post
    Yeah... I weighed my motorhome, loaded and ready to go, on the way to Oregon, with my trailer loaded with sidebysides and quads. 25,940 lbs total (19,600 on the motorhome and the remaining on my trailer axles). Almost wish I had not weighed... I was sure it did not weigh that much!
    That seems to be the common theme. It seems like everyone I talk to says their setup weighed more than they thought.

2014 RZR XP4 1000

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    I keep thinking about weighing mine but I'm afraid of what I may find out !!
    I know what you mean. But better to know right? You are carrying more weight than me with that rzr on top of your truck. It sounds like our trailers are about the same size.

2014 RZR XP4 1000

Quote Originally Posted by neil11975 View Post
    I know what you mean. But better to know right? You are carrying more weight than me with that rzr on top of your truck. It sounds like our trailers are about the same size.

The trailers are close , mines 45' with 18' garage and Rated at 20,000 lbs !!

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    The trailers are close , mines 45' with 18' garage and Rated at 20,000 lbs !!
    We weighed our setup headed down to Cali in December...total combination weight was 32,450#...ugg....we are over and I don't see a way to slim things down for our future purposes.

Very seriously thinking to go up to the 8K axles just to have that extra 3K over our 3-7K axles now...AKA 20,000# rating.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    We weighed our setup headed down to Cali in December...total combination weight was 32,450#...ugg....we are over and I don't see a way to slim things down for our future purposes.

Very seriously thinking to go up to the 8K axles just to have that extra 3K over our 3-7K axles now...AKA 20,000# rating.
    Wow that's heavy. My trailer has 3 7k axles so you would assume it would be rated at 21k. But for some reason the trailer is only rated at 19k. I wonder what makes the difference. Some trailers are 20k and some are 19k and they all have the same axles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2014 RZR XP4 1000