LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rubicon

Cab Driver
    Got with neil11975 and we set the date for August 18/19- stage at Loon Lake, camping at Gatekeeper (just a few minutes into the trail) Friday night, August 17th. Latecomers can arrive on Saturday morning and meet up at Gatekeeper. Camping at Buck Island camping area Saturday night. This is an "advanced driver" run so be prepared, as Barry (alfabaz) explained, it is rocky and challenging. Also be prepared for the cold, as it will likely be near 100 degrees in the valley, but could get down to the low 40's at night because of the 7000 foot altitude. Also, fire permits are needed, even to run a camp stove, and often, fire restrictions are in place by August, prohibiting campfires. You will need to haul everything necessary to camp, as there will be no access to your tow vehicle, on the trail, or camping, on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbachell View Post
    Got with neil11975 and we set the date for August 18/19- stage at Loon Lake, camping at Gatekeeper (just a few minutes into the trail) Friday night, August 17th. Latecomers can arrive on Saturday morning and meet up at Gatekeeper. Camping at Buck Island camping area Saturday night. This is an "advanced driver" run so be prepared, as Barry (alfabaz) explained, it is rocky and challenging. Also be prepared for the cold, as it will likely be near 100 degrees in the valley, but could get down to the low 40's at night because of the 7000 foot altitude. Also, fire permits are needed, even to run a camp stove, and often, fire restrictions are in place by August, prohibiting campfires. You will need to haul everything necessary to camp, as there will be no access to your tow vehicle, on the trail, or camping, on Saturday night.
    I will post a ride for this !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    Airbus usually has a ride or two each year in there, he’s the pro...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol Pro..... I just have the most Scratches & dents . But it’s a super fun trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123