LRT_GraphicsSave_The_Riders_DunesUTV_Crazy
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Proficient Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
    Last ride my brand new supposedly Rugged Radio wouldn’t broadcast 5 miles into the ride, then mysteriously started working 5 miles from the end.
    Another don’t, and I know this is hard to do, is for whoever is leading the ride to not turn it into a race, this is very hard to do when your having fun, and know we’re your going, sometimes when I’m leading a ride I have to remember that some people never been here before.
    Maybe on ready big groups say over 20 cars we could have two groups, or if whoever is planning a ride could limit the group to whatever they think would be the right size group for the ride, some of the group I ride motorcycles with do it that way.
    I have a ghost short in my radio that works perfect at home but not on the trail too... as for driving too fast my runs are only as fast as Barry decides to go and he usually keeps up with me no problem... I split the ride a couple of times at Bridgeport last year by sharing my GPS track with Pipelayer and it worked out good... its not a bad idea. With the use of the radios and a couple of guys that know the area or has the same gps track its something I will try again.

Quote Originally Posted by gridman View Post
    This needs to be added to all SXS just like the warning stickers LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb9 View Post
    I have a ghost short in my radio that works perfect at home but not on the trail too... as for driving too fast my runs are only as fast as Barry decides to go and he usually keeps up with me no problem... I split the ride a couple of times at Bridgeport last year by sharing my GPS track with Pipelayer and it worked out good... its not a bad idea. With the use of the radios and a couple of guys that know the area or has the same gps track its something I will try again.
    Well, I wondered how long it would be until someone threw me under the bus!! Just kidding, Alan. I can keep up with most- for a few minutes. But I quickly get tired of having to put that much concentration into the trail; I want to look around. And relax. And I know there are a few guys I ride with a lot that can run at my absolute fastest pace and still look around and enjoy the sights! I'm just not that good.

If it is a large group, there will be "lost" riders. It's inevitable- unless every, single driver knows they are responsible for the guy behind them (the guy in front of them means nothing!!). I seldom go more than a quarter mile without eyeballing the guy behind me (that's why LIGHTS ON is important). I also think radios create a false sense of security. "Right turn at the green bush" often does more harm than good. I've been on rides, with constant radio contact, where folks somehow still end up miles apart!

Everyone has a different concept of "fast". I know there are many in this group that don't think 50-60 is fast. My opinion only- if you don't want to ride at the pace of the slowest rider, you should indicate in the sign-up that it will be a high speed ride. Communication is paramount!

Great job Alan, I think everyone should read this. I think a pre ride meeting is also helpful, let everyone know what is expected and refresh peoples memory of what’s expected and no, I don’t think you lead too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a simple line or 2 in the original signup post stating this is going to be "fast pace or slow pace" ride or levels of how extreme the ride it going to be. 1 to 10 or better bring a change of skivvies, your going to need them. Something. It could help others decide if they want to go on that ride.

Proficient Driver
    thanks for the input guys.. bringing up some of these issues maybe we can hopefully avoid them on the trail... at the very least know how to handle them when they do...
    I guess a better assessment of the audience before the ride starts and planning an alternate shorter route back for some.. IDK! I personally like longer rides and coming back with an empty tank. I forget that some that have signed up are not up for such an excursion! Perhaps if more of us had the same gps app on their phone we could share the track. If a few wanted to turn back or even be self guided others would know about where they should be. Splitting the ride helps. Seems like some of these rides get to be such a chore for the ride leader they don't even want to post them!
    RT on Barry, I admit I have been confused by a turn called out on the radio wondering what their talking about! also been looking at a new turbo so 50-60mph most likely won't do it for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb9 View Post
    thanks for the input guys.. bringing up some of these issues maybe we can hopefully avoid them on the trail... at the very least know how to handle them when they do...
    I guess a better assessment of the audience before the ride starts and planning an alternate shorter route back for some.. IDK! I personally like longer rides and coming back with an empty tank. I forget that some that have signed up are not up for such an excursion! Perhaps if more of us had the same gps app on their phone we could share the track. If a few wanted to turn back or even be self guided others would know about where they should be. Splitting the ride helps. Seems like some of these rides get to be such a chore for the ride leader they don't even want to post them!
    RT on Barry, I admit I have been confused by a turn called out on the radio wondering what their talking about! also been looking at a new turbo so 50-60mph most likely won't do it for me anymore.

You know me Alan if the ride isn't 100 miles it's not a ride !! LOL I don't agree with splitting the ride up is going to solve anything , a ride is a ride . I think part of the problem is most of the people that sigh up for a ride have probably already been in that area and know what to expect . I think by posting that a ride is going to be difficult or fast is just going scare people away but how many miles would be fine . I think the best thing for people that are thinking about going on a specific ride is to do like some did before the last one and ask questions about the ride before hand .

Quote Originally Posted by EPL View Post
    You know me Alan if the ride isn't 100 miles it's not a ride !! LOL I don't agree with splitting the ride up is going to solve anything , a ride is a ride . I think part of the problem is most of the people that sigh up for a ride have probably already been in that area and know what to expect . I think by posting that a ride is going to be difficult or fast is just going scare people away but how many miles would be fine . I think the best thing for people that are thinking about going on a specific ride is to do like some did before the last one and ask questions about the ride before hand .
    I agree. I’m gonna put it out there right now, I you didn’t like my last ride, you definitely won’t like the next one.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post
    I agree. I’m gonna put it out there right now, I you didn’t like my last ride, you definitely won’t like the next one.. lol

Sounds fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipelayer View Post

It should be another awesome ride just like the last one !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast